Cold War Rearmed – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
Line 6: Line 6:
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TortoiseSVN TortoiseSVN] is a great windows based GUI client.
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TortoiseSVN TortoiseSVN] is a great windows based GUI client.
--[[User:WGL.Q|WGL.Q]] 18:44, 1 December 2006 (CET)
--[[User:WGL.Q|WGL.Q]] 18:44, 1 December 2006 (CET)
I agree on Subversion. It would also allow for easy MS reporting services implementation to keep track of stats and work for the project managers --[[User:SniperAndy|SniperAndy]]

== Call To Arms ==
== Call To Arms ==

Revision as of 17:09, 6 December 2006

The project repository will be on a central server e.g.CVS.

Project Repository

I strongly suggest to use subversion instead. TortoiseSVN is a great windows based GUI client. --WGL.Q 18:44, 1 December 2006 (CET)

I agree on Subversion. It would also allow for easy MS reporting services implementation to keep track of stats and work for the project managers --SniperAndy

Call To Arms

I guess this discussion page might serve to gather the people who would like to be involved and how. If anyone feels like participating, write your area of interest/expertise here. Currently most needed are people for the Preparation phase (some experience with CVS or Subversion needed to start the repository).--Suma 11:26, 6 December 2006 (CET)

-I could assist in doing the CVS, Subversion. Would have to read up on it again but shouldn't take up to much time. --SniperAndy

Coalition of the willing

• raedor (Coding/Scripting; SVN experience)
  • SniperAndy (Webdesign, CMS, SQL, Project Assistance)
  • Jahve (Addons)
  • The_Shadow (Map editing)
  • ebud (Map editing, Addons)

Communicaton Channel

Following communication channels which I think could serve well:

1. dedicated (perhaps private) forum on the BI forums
  2. wiki talk pages (I guess a separate wiki would be needed for this, perhaps with access restricted to people accepted as participants of the project)
  3. any combination of above --Suma 11:37, 6 December 2006 (CET)