PBOPREFIX – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 17:00, 11 January 2010 by Dr Eyeball (talk | contribs) (some queries)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
  • The benefits section still contains too many assumptions and is lacking some critical detail about what it actually does and what it affects. Whenever I use it, my files are not found. I'm using cpbo.
    • does it prefix (or substitute parts of) path names used by scripting commands like execVM or image locations for rscTitles or file locations for #include (in config.cpp, resources or any scripts)? Or is the base folder (containing the addon name) still always required in all file paths?
    • does this help make scripts more transferable between missions and addons with regard to relative folder structures? Currently, after I copy scripts across from a test mission to the addon, I still need to adjust the base folder for all paths. I kind of figured this $PBOPREFIX$ would solve that?
  • the use of a P: drive is optional and I don't use it, so it might be better to explain why it's recommended. I assume there's some tool dependency/default handling for that drive.
  • Am I right to say that using this specific format below means that the mod folder is then hard-coded? eg. you cannot move your pbo to another 'common' mod folder?
x\myMod\addons\myAddon
  • Is this first example correct or should it be the second example below (or are both valid)?
myMod\myAddon
myMod\addons\myAddon ?
  • Glad to see you clarified the term 'namespace' in this situation, given that Arma 2 now has it's own definition for variable namespaces. I hope it's the correct term though.

Any further details would be appreciated.

Dr Eyeball 16:00, 11 January 2010 (CET)