Village Pump (policy)

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 21:38, 27 January 2015 by Tourorist (talk | contribs) (Moved the Village Pump template below.)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Discuss existing and proposed policies.

Blocking Policy

The blocking policy page needs to be defined. Right now I've forwarded it to the Guidelines, but it should probably have it own specific rules.

Image Restrictions

In order to keep a mass uploading of images to the BI Wiki, some guidelines should be followed when creating your Mod page, or your personal Wiki page, or any pages for that matter. A limit of 5 - 8 images limit per page. Assumption of 1 -2 pics for logo, 4 pics max for screen shots, 1 image for squad.xml.

Other File types

• Some have requested other file types such as videos, pbo, sqm files. See talk page for discussion.

Scripting Command Page Syntax

Policy about how scripting commands should be documented is being created at Policy: Scripting Command Page Syntax.

Advertisment for game servers renting.

Is this change fine - I am not too sure about it..

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=Bohemia_Interactive_Community%3ACommunity_Portal&diff=46759&oldid=46661

It's not, and it has been deleted. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! --Kronzky 05:12, 30 April 2009 (CEST)

Convention for Arma game titles

Awhile back I sent BI an inquiry on whether there was a common standard for stylization of Arma titles in plain text. From the response by one of their developers it became apparent that there is none, nor do they have any preference, or even mind when others attempt to style it akin to the logotype — ArmA/ARMA 2/II/3/III.

Then, just today I stumbled upon an old blog post on this subject (see:ARMA 2 - The Name Tale). It made me wonder — if someone at the studio does actually care about proper use, then why not revive and support this effort, starting with the official wiki?

I propose:

• We adopt the non-stylized titles as a global convention and revise any offending articles accordingly.
  • Similarly, offer it for consideration by the English Wikipedia editors — if they agree to it, then chances are other Editions will follow suit as well.

News
post | watch

News about BI and this Wiki.

Policy
post | watch

Discuss existing and proposed, new policies.

Proposals
post | watch

New proposals that are not policy related.

Things To Do
post | watch

Areas of the Biki that need attention.

Assistance
post | watch

Request assistance for the creation and update of content.

Technical
post | watch

Technical issues related to the MediaWiki software.

Miscellaneous
post | watch

Topics that do not fit into any other category.