setViewDistance

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 22:57, 17 December 2016 by Killzone Kid (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
Set rendering distance, in metres. Default is 900m (in OFP) or 1,200m (in ArmA), accepted range is 500m to 5,000m (in OFP) or 10,000m (in ArmA). Setting view distance to <= 0 resets the value to the one set in Options->Video->General->Visibility->Overall
Groups:
Uncategorised

Syntax

Syntax:
setViewDistance distance
Parameters:
distance: Number
Return Value:
Nothing

Examples

Example 1:
setViewDistance 2250;
Example 2:
//reset view distance in Arma 3 setViewDistance -1;

Additional Information

See also:
viewDistancesetDetailMapBlendParssetTerrainGridgetObjectViewDistancesetObjectViewDistance

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note

Notes

Ceeeb
In OFP v1.96, view distance also defines the maximum distance between a unit and any other unit they can know about. Higher view distance will involve more AI simulation cycles for every unit, which causes low performance.
galzohar
I tested the above and it seems to apply in Arma 2 as well. AI at a bit above 500m would stop engaging when I lowered the view distance down to 500m and re-engaged when I increased it back.
DesertEagle
In ArmA 2 viewDistance can be set up to 15 km with this command ( while from interface only 10 km )

Bottom Section

Posted on October 15, 2014 - 03:14 (UTC)
Benargee
In Arma 3, Values below 200 have no visible effect.
Posted on November 20, 2014 - 00:35 (UTC)
DreadedEntity
To clarify Bernagee's post, values under 200 have no effect. Tested by setViewDistance below 200, then hint viewDistance. It will not go below 200. Also, as object view distance can only be, at a maximum, the view distance, object view distance will also be reset to 200.
Posted on June 8, 2015 - 10:25 (UTC)
MisterGoodson
Client-side max view distance is limited by the server's view distance. Tested in Arma 3.