ArmA 2 OA: Combined Operations Lite
Combined Operations Lite
Note: Combined Operations Lite is also referred as CO Lite or CO:L.
This is an unofficial guide and is not done by Bohemia Interactive. CO Lite is still experimental as more feedback from people testing with the various distributions is needed.
What is it
Combined Operations (A2:CO) is the combination of Operation Arrowhead (A2:OA) and ArmA 2 (A2). It extends it with additional content like new worlds (Chernarus and Utes) and various factions and their assets (USMC, Russian Armed Forces, Chernarussian Defence Forces, Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star, National Party).
CO Lite is the combination of OA with ArmA 2 Free (A2:F). It is called Lite as ArmA 2 Free has lower quality textures and sound files.
Even for CO Full owners it might be worth considering to use. See the next section.
Pros and cons
- More FPS: up 5-15% for both average maximum and average minimum (see PvPscene Benchmark Suite)
- Less texture switching
Both due to the low(er) quality textures for the A2 content.
- Faster loading times:
Due to smaller pbo files.
- Ability to play on A2:CO servers
For people that only own A2:OA.
- Low quality textures
- Lower quality sounds (though it seems hard to hear a difference)
- A2:F v1.11 does not contain the addon/PBO fixes of standard A2 v1.11
Bohemia Interactive Forums: ARMA 2 Free - For Combined Ops Lite
- Get ArmA 2 Free
- Download the ARMA2Free_setup.zip file
- Extract the zip file to see the ARMA2Free_setup.exe
- Install the game
- Get the CD key
- Activate ArmA 2 Free with the CD key
- Combine A2:OA and A2:F with the modline:
"-mod=c:\location\of\ArmA 2 Free;..."
arma2oa.exe "-mod=c:\location\of\ArmA 2 Free;Expansion"
With beta patch:
Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe "-mod=c:\location\of\ArmA 2 Free;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"
Visual glitch fix
There is a small visual annoyance in the main menu created by A2:F. This can be remedied by loading the misc_fix.pbo of A2 in a modfolder.
- Go to .\Arma2\addons
- Select and copy the three files
- To a new modfolder inside your OA game folder, like .\OA\@A2F\addons
- And add the modfolder to your modline:
arma2oa.exe "-mod=c:\location\of\ArmA 2 Free;@A2F;Expansion;..."
Selective A2F pbo loading
Rather to use all A2:F pbos to replace the A2 pbos, you can also load only a subset of the A2:F pbos.
For example you may want to use only the vegetation and buildings pbos.
To accomplish this you copy the desired pbos and their respective bisign files to a new modfolder and load this modfolder instead of the A2:F game folder:
Get CO Full
Or buy Combined Operation itself and make your Operation Arrowhead copy a gift to a friend to convert more people to the series. :)
You can also buy ArmA 2 at these alternatives.
In case of issues, head to the BI forum and this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=129154