Config Parser: Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Added info how to "combine multiple stringtable keys")
m (Redirected page to PreProcessor Commands)
Line 1: Line 1:
=Introduction =
#REDIRECT [[PreProcessor Commands]]
(needed)

= Parser commands/macros =

==__EXEC==
Allows you to assign values to variables. These variables can then be used to in other calculations, or output via the __EVAL macro.

<code>__EXEC (_x = .345);
__EXEC (_y = _y + 1);
__EXEC (_str = format["name: %1",_name])</code>

__EXEC terminates at the first closed parenthesis "''')'''" it encounters, so expressions like the following will cause an error:

<code>__EXEC (_val = (_arr select 0)*10); // ILLEGAL!
__EXEC (_str = (_this select 0) setDamage 1); // ILLEGAL!</code>

==__EVAL==
With this macro expressions can be evaluated, including previously assigned internal variables.

<code>y = __EVAL (_y);
text = __EVAL (_str1 + _str2);</code>

Unlike the __EXEC command, __EVAL ''can'' contain other parentheses, making more complex, and even conditional operations possible:
<code>x = __EVAL (if (_idx>5) then {0} else {.5});</code>

If you need to make use of a #defined value in your __EXEC or __EVAL string and you need to convert it to string using 'str', remember not to add extra brackets like this:
<code>onSliderPosChanged = __EVAL("[" + str (MY_NUMERIC_DEFINE) + "] call compile preProcessFile 'my.sqf'");</code>
The above will fail when parsing the __EVAL, the correct line would be:
<code>onSliderPosChanged = __EVAL("[" + str MY_NUMERIC_DEFINE + "] call compile preProcessFile 'my.sqf'");</code>

Be aware though, that if these evaluations are used in a mission's description.ext, that at that point the mission information is not available yet (i.e. the mission objects have not been created yet). (''At least in VBS2 this is the case.'')

===Combine multiple stringtable keys===

__EVAL("Default: " + localize "STR_AAS_EXT_DISABLED")
__EVAL(localize "STR_AAS_EXT_DEFAULT" + localize "STR_AAS_EXT_DISABLED")

This works in the [[Description.ext]] at least.

[[category:Operation Flashpoint: Editing]]
[[Category:ArmA: Addon Configuration]]

Revision as of 11:39, 23 October 2011