Advanced Combat Environment 2 (ACE2) is a full conversion modification for Armed Assault 2.
Our primary mission is to create a wide variety of real world weapons, vehicles, equipment, and tactics so that those playing the ACE2 modification will be able to better simulate combined arms combat on a modern battlefield. ACE2 is designed from the bottom up with the goal of encouraging its users to employ real world tactics and strategy (fighting as a team) in order to accomplish realistic military objectives. We strive to create hyper-realism without losing sight that the mod must be playable by the “advanced” user. Our focus is not only on creating features and models which highlight realism but also on supporting the creation of realistic missions in which one may experience the full spectrum of virtual combat.
We are currently looking for skilled:
- Coder GUI
- Texture Artists
- Island Makers
New challenges and opportunities lie ahead - share your ideas and take the chance to realize them.
The development of ACE2 will continue in the future and we are looking for decent and dedicated people!
Based on a good internal development environment (Git, ftp, rsync, Skype, forums) everyone contributes to the development as far as one's own available time, motivation, and skills in an organized and coordinated process.
Yet we are not solely looking for core developers - anyone's help is appreciated.
Take the opportunity and join the ranks
Basically it's about you - what can you do / where are you good at / what you like to do. So these are just suggestions - we love to hear your ideas how to contribute!
- Core development (ArmA editing).
- Bug finding.
- Feature suggesting - own ideas as well scan other addons / mods.
- Helping with administration of our forum
- Mission guy - make ACE2 training missions or find some which are worth to convert / adapt.
- Beta testing guy / crew - test the most recent development version.
- Especially double check changes and test features implemented, as well as give overall feedback.
- Frequently Asked Questions about ACE2
- Overview of ACE2
- Features of ACE2
- Features of ACEX
- Keybindings for ACE2
- Class Lists for ACE2
- Class Lists for ACEX
- Guide to Markmanship using ACE2
- Versions and Changes to ACE2
- Team Info for ACE2
- RN Escobar: ftp://188.8.131.52
- user: ace
- pass: none (i.e. leave it empty)
- AEF Mirror - http://gs01.games.gs.plat.net.au/~arma/mods/@ACE2/
- arma2.nl - http://www.arma2.nl/ace2/
- xs4all.nl - http://www.xs4all.nl/~pteradon/Arma2/Ace2/
- SR5 Tactical (Italiano) + Guida all'installazione - http://sr5web.selfip.net/mirrors/ace2.html
- BDR Clan Italia (Italiano) - http://www.bdrclan.com/
- [KH] Kelly's Heroes - http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3245 for YomaAddonSync2009/Rsync download/installation info
- 5MB/s - https://secure.storegate.se/User/share.aspx?id=554f77ad-d005-4e6b-8320-b1c48cb03544 @ACE2 build 142 (beta 0.1.182).7z, @ACEX build 149.7z, CBA_v0-2-0.7z
- Digitally Disturbed Gamer (US) - http://www.ddgamer.com/ace2.php
- Armaholic.com - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8601
- 3para-gu Mirror - http://ace2mirror.3para-gu.co.uk/
- Gameupdates.org Torrent - http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=3890
- storegate.com mirror - here
- RN Escobar: ftp://184.108.40.206