Server configuration – ArmA: Armed Assault

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "\[ *((ftp|http)s?:\/\/[^ ]+)([^{])=([^}])([^ ]+)" to "[$1$3{{=}}$4$5")

(40 intermediate revisions by 15 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
==Introduction==
Setting up a server is not easy and is not that obvious to do.
Setting up a server is not easy and is not that abious to to.

Basically, the server configuration consists of four elements:

* [[ArmA:_Startup_Parameters]]
* [[ArmA: Startup Parameters]]

* [[Arma 2: Startup Parameters]]

* [[basic.cfg|Server Basic Config file]]
* [[basic.cfg|Server Basic Config file]]
Line 12: Line 13:
* [[server.armaprofile|Server Difficulty Settings File]]
* [[server.armaprofile|Server Difficulty Settings File]]

==Example Setups==
== Example Setups ==

===Windows===
=== Windows ===
Let's assume that ArmA is installed to "D:\Arma".
Let's assume that ArmA is installed to "D:\Arma" and the Start in: property of the Windows shortcut is set to: "D:\Arma".

* Put your [[basic.cfg|Server Basic Config file]] to "D:\ArmA\basic.cfg"
* Put your [[basic.cfg|Server Basic Config file]] to "D:\ArmA\basic.cfg"
Line 25: Line 26:
* Command line / link target:
* Command line / link target:
<pre>
<pre>
D:\ArmA\arma_server.exe -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles=D:\ArmA -name=server -mod=@mod1;@mod2
D:\ArmA\arma_server.exe -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles=D:\ArmA\Users\server -name=server -mod=@mod1;@mod2
</pre>
</pre>

===Linux===

The parameter requires the explicit path to the directory containing the "server.armaprofile" file and the default location for this is "Drive:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles". You may find the required command is longer than that permissible in the Windows Shortcut Target: option.
If so, simply create a batch command file to start ArmA_Server and point the Shortcut to it:-

Shortcut properties (following the convention above where ArmA is installed to "D:\Arma", but this time the server profile is in the default "D:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\My Documents\Arma" location):
Target: D:\Batch\ArmA_Server.cmd
Start in: "D:\ArmA"

Note that the batch file name can be anything you wish, "ArmA_Server.cmd" is used in this example (the .cmd extension should be maintained).
Batch file: ArmA_Server.cmd

'''Contents''':
<pre>
D:\ArmA\arma_server.exe -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles="D:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\My Documents\ArmA" -mod=@mod1;@mod2
</pre>

If you are troubleshooting a public server or want analyze detailed network log, you may enable logging using the parameter: -netlog (due to performance hit do not use otherwise). This will record to a netlog file in %localppdata% (in Arma 3, previously in the Arma directory) with very detailed information about network traffic.

=== Linux ===
Let's assume that ArmA is installed to "/usr/home/arma-server".

Line 46: Line 65:
NOTE 2: the ';' denotes a line-end in Linux. So you have to put a backslash '\' in front of it to use multiple mods. Same if you use spaces in your directories: write 'my\ files'
NOTE 2: the ';' denotes a line-end in Linux. So you have to put a backslash '\' in front of it to use multiple mods. Same if you use spaces in your directories: write 'my\ files'

==Links==
NOTE 3: as alternative put the modline in quotes: "-mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3"

[http://www.sofuckinskilled.de/ Example Setups]

==See Also==

[[ArmA:_Startup_Parameters]]

[[basic.cfg|Server Basic Config file]]

[[server.cfg|Server Config File]]

[[server.armaprofile|Server Difficulty Settings File]]

[[Multiplayer Server Commands]]
== Links ==

[[ArmA:_Community_Tools#Multi Player|ArmA Community Tools]]
[http://sir-hc.gbks.net/files/index.php?dir{{=}}Armed+Assault%2FDedicatedServer%2F Example Setups at sir_hC]
{{Link|link= http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=73;t=63934|text= Detailed forums discussion from CodeSkyWolf}}

== See Also ==

See also: [[ArmA:_Version_History]]
*[[ArmA: Startup Parameters]]
*[[basic.cfg|Server Basic Config file]]
*[[server.cfg|Server Config File]]
*[[server.armaprofile|Server Difficulty Settings File]]
*[[Multiplayer_Server_Commands|Multiplayer Server Commands]]
*[[ArmA: Community_Tools#Multi Player|ArmA Community Tools]]
*[[ArmA: Version History]]

[[Category:ArmA:_Multiplayer|Dedicated Server]]
{{GameCategory|arma1|Multiplayer}}
{{GameCategory|arma2|Multiplayer}}

Latest revision as of 18:20, 28 April 2023

Setting up a server is not easy and is not that obvious to do.

Example Setups

Windows

Let's assume that ArmA is installed to "D:\Arma" and the Start in: property of the Windows shortcut is set to: "D:\Arma".

• Command line / link target:
D:\ArmA\arma_server.exe -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles=D:\ArmA\Users\server -name=server -mod=@mod1;@mod2

The parameter requires the explicit path to the directory containing the "server.armaprofile" file and the default location for this is "Drive:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles". You may find the required command is longer than that permissible in the Windows Shortcut Target: option. If so, simply create a batch command file to start ArmA_Server and point the Shortcut to it:-

Shortcut properties (following the convention above where ArmA is installed to "D:\Arma", but this time the server profile is in the default "D:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\My Documents\Arma" location): Target: D:\Batch\ArmA_Server.cmd Start in: "D:\ArmA"

Note that the batch file name can be anything you wish, "ArmA_Server.cmd" is used in this example (the .cmd extension should be maintained). Batch file: ArmA_Server.cmd

Contents:

D:\ArmA\arma_server.exe -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles="D:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\My Documents\ArmA" -mod=@mod1;@mod2

If you are troubleshooting a public server or want analyze detailed network log, you may enable logging using the parameter: -netlog (due to performance hit do not use otherwise). This will record to a netlog file in %localppdata% (in Arma 3, previously in the Arma directory) with very detailed information about network traffic.

Linux

• Command line / link target:
/usr/home/arma-server/server -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -name=server -mod=@mod1\;@mod2\;@mod3

NOTE: this line is only for debugging. When you want to run the server permanently, edit and use the provided script "armaserver" that comes with the linux server files.

NOTE 3: as alternative put the modline in quotes: "-mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3"

Links

Example Setups at sir_hC Detailed forums discussion from CodeSkyWolf (dead link)

See Also