Server configuration – ArmA: Armed Assault

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 21:10, 7 April 2021 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "\[\[Arma 3 ([^ACHJKLMTZ|])([^|]+)\]\]" to "Arma 3: $1$2")
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

Setting up a server is not easy and is not that obvious to do.

Basically, the server configuration consists of four elements:

Example Setups

Windows

Let's assume that ArmA is installed to "D:\Arma" and the Start in: property of the Windows shortcut is set to: "D:\Arma".

• Command line / link target:
D:\ArmA\arma_server.exe -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles=D:\ArmA\Users\server -name=server -mod=@mod1;@mod2

The parameter requires the explicit path to the directory containing the "server.armaprofile" file and the default location for this is "Drive:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles". You may find the required command is longer than that permissible in the Windows Shortcut Target: option. If so, simply create a batch command file to start ArmA_Server and point the Shortcut to it:-

Shortcut properties (following the convention above where ArmA is installed to "D:\Arma", but this time the server profile is in the default "D:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\My Documents\Arma" location): Target: D:\Batch\ArmA_Server.cmd Start in: "D:\ArmA"

Note that the batch file name can be anything you wish, "ArmA_Server.cmd" is used in this example (the .cmd extension should be maintained). Batch file: ArmA_Server.cmd

Contents:

D:\ArmA\arma_server.exe -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles="D:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\My Documents\ArmA" -mod=@mod1;@mod2

If you are troubleshooting a public server or want analyze detailed network log, you may enable logging using the parameter: -netlog (due to performance hit do not use otherwise). This will record to a netlog file in %localppdata% (in Arma 3, previously in the Arma directory) with very detailed information about network traffic.

Linux

Let's assume that ArmA is installed to "/usr/home/arma-server".

• Command line / link target:
/usr/home/arma-server/server -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -name=server -mod=@mod1\;@mod2\;@mod3

NOTE: this line is only for debugging. When you want to run the server permanently, edit and use the provided script "armaserver" that comes with the linux server files.

NOTE 2: the ';' denotes a line-end in Linux. So you have to put a backslash '\' in front of it to use multiple mods. Same if you use spaces in your directories: write 'my\ files'

NOTE 3: as alternative put the modline in quotes: "-mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3"

Links

Example Setups at sir_hC Detailed forums discussion from CodeSkyWolf

See Also