ArmA 2: Free Public Beta
Copyright © 2011 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.
>>> www.arma2.com <<<
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED AT NO CHARGE. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO AGREE WITH THE END USER LICENSING AGREEMENT SHOWN DURING SETUP AND IN THE MANUAL IN ORDER TO BE ALLOWED TO USE IT.
- 1 Overview
- 2 FAQ
- 2.1 Q: Is Arma 2 Free compatible in multiplayer with Arma 2?
- 2.2 Q: Is it possible to use custom missions and multiplayer modes from the original Arma 2?
- 2.3 Q: Is it possible to use Arma 2 Free together with Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead to create Arma 2: Combined Operations compatible game?
- 2.4 Q: Is there a mission editor in Arma 2 Free?
- 2.5 Q: Using the openID link I get: "Registration failed: no more keys available." What now?
- 2.6 Q: Is it possible to play community made campaigns without addons?
- 3 Installation
- 4 Troubleshooting
Arma 2: Free (A2F) redefines the free-to-play battlefield with its truly unrivaled scale and gameplay possibilities. A2F serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 - the '13th best PC game of all time', according to PC Gamer - minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods.
Create your own custom-built scenarios or deploy a massive selection of missions and game-modes made by others. No micro-transactions, no hidden costs, just the same epic terrain and huge variety of equipment! This is Arma 2 Free - virtual war without the training wheels.
Arma 2: Free to download, free to play, free to share, free to host, free to create... free to play redefined!
NO CREDIT CARD OR SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA REQUIRED TO PLAY!
Q: Is Arma 2 Free compatible in multiplayer with Arma 2?
A: Arma 2 Free can host and join multiplayer games fully compatible with the original Arma 2, as long as no user addons and modifications are present. Note that Arma 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements are using different newer version of the engine and are not compatible.
Q: Is it possible to use custom missions and multiplayer modes from the original Arma 2?
A: Yes, custom single and multi player missions are fully compatible. The only limitation is that no user addons are supported by Arma 2 Free so only missions designed for vanilla Arma 2 can be used.
Q: Is it possible to use Arma 2 Free together with Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead to create Arma 2: Combined Operations compatible game?
A: Currently not, but BI is evaluating how this could be enabled, in similar way as it works for BAF Lite and PMC Lite.
Q: Is there a mission editor in Arma 2 Free?
A: Yes, exactly the same as in full Arma 2.
A: You need to use the full openID link like: http://YourID.myopenid.com and the activation will work just fine.
Q: Is it possible to play community made campaigns without addons?
A: No, and campaign support is not planned for Arma 2 Free despite there is a bug in the readme stating the opposite. Users are advised to purchase the full game in order to be able to play campaigns.
|Burnbit||BitTorrent||includes web seeds|
|GameUpdates||BitTorrent||DHT and peer exchange disabled|
Activation / CD Keys
Setup should automatically send you to the activation server where you can sign up via your account (Open Id, Live Id, Steam Id, Google Id or Facebook Id are supported) to obtain your unique activation code for the game that is entered during the setup. You can also visit the activation server at http://free.arma2.com/activation at any time later to receive the same key again if you sign up using the same account.
Minimal PC System Requirements
- Dual Core CPU (Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, Intel Core 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster)
- 1 GB RAM
- GPU (NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM
- Windows XP
- 5 GB free HDD space
Recommended PC System Requirements
- Quad Core CPU or fast Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)
- 2 GB RAM
- Fast GPU (NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB VRAM
- Windows XP or Vista
- 5 GB free HDD space
To install the game, please follow the instructions provided in the setup process.
- Main website: www.arma2.com
- Developed by: www.bohemiainteractive.com
- Forums: forums.bistudio.com (English Only)
- Community wiki: community.bistudio.com (English Only)
- Uninstall ARMA II FREE completely from the Start menu.
- Manually erase all datas found in the installation folder of ARMA II FREE
- Install ARMA II FREE from scratch again.
If at any point during a mission you become stuck, or the mission does not progress it is recommended that you restart the mission from the beginning. If the mission looks too hard for you, restart it as well with lower difficulty or try different approach. Missions can be played differently every time.
If you encounter any sound or graphical issues while running the game, please make sure you have installed the latest versions of your hardware drivers and try to tweak your audio and video options.
Copyright © 2011 Bohemia Interactive. All right reserved. Full end user license agreement is in the game manual.