ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead
Three years after the conflict in Chernarus, portrayed in the original ARMA II, a new flashpoint in the Green Sea region heats up and coalition forces led by the US Army are sent to Takistan to quickly restore peace and prevent further civilian casualties.
Set into the new, visually attractive environment of hilly central Asia, Operation Arrowhead will offer realistic combat simulation experience in a modern day setting with unprecedented freedom of movement, actions and tactics. Players will enlist into various roles within the US Army, from basic infantrymen, through special operatives, to pilots and tank crew in this new installment in the award winning line up of military simulators for PC from Bohemia Interactive.
Official Release Date: June 29, 2010
Takistan: 160 square km of Central Asia modeled with extreme precision using real world data.
Zargabad: 70 square km of extremely realistic environment including full areas of dense urban CQB conflicts.
AH-64 Apache, MH-47 Chinook, AH/MH-6 Littlebird, Stryker variants, M3 Bradley, T-55, BTR-60, M113, UH-1H
FN FAL, FN SCAR variants
US Army, United Nations, Takistani Army, Guerrillas
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is described as a standalone expansion.
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead will not include content from Arma 2, however it will be possible to integrate Arma 2 content into Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. Source #1 | Source #2
- All bug fixes for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead will be released as a patch for Arma 2. Source #1
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead features a newer and enhanced version of the Arma 2 engine. Source #1
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead features two maps of Takistan. One of the maps will feature countryside, mountains, villages and small urban areas. The other map will a large urban area with the city of Zargabad. Source #1
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead will feature a FLIR system, functional IR lasers (PEQ units) and flashlights. Source #1