Arma 3: Sound
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Arma 3's sound system became much more complex with the release of the Eden Update. This wiki page will serve as a hub - linking you to the different elements of the system.
- SoundSets are assigned to entities such as weapons in the game. When a game event happens (for example a gun shot or an explosion) the SoundSet gets triggered and you hear a sound.
- SoundSets can consist of multiple SoundShaders.
- Positional sound using stereo files as sources are not a simple task for game engines, which is why Arma 3 uses it's own 3D Sound Processors.
- The relationship between game variables and sound values (like the relationship between distance to an object and the volume of the sound the object is emitting) can be pre-defined in cfgSoundCurves for easier use in other configuration files.
- An example configuration for a weapon