Difference between revisions of "Arma 3 Apex"
|Line 59:||Line 59:|
[[Category:Arma 3 DLCs & Expansions]]
[[Category:Arma 3DLCs & Expansions]]
Revision as of 00:52, 30 December 2020
Arma 3 Apex is an expansion to Arma 3 released on July 11th, 2016.
Much like the previous DLC releases, this expansion features a premium content pack and is supported by a free platform update. Having purchased Arma 3 Apex, players gain unrestricted access to a new terrain packed with new objects, 10 new vehicles, 13 new weapons, a new campaign and more. Prior to the Apex release itself, Bohemia Interactive released game updates focused on bringing features and improvements to the game (to ensure their stability and incorporate community feedback). These were communicated with a #RoadToApex hashtag on Twitter and considered part of the expansion development itself.
- Nexus Update – End Game, Spectator, Personal Protective Equipment, Stamina, Launcher Mod Dependencies
- Eden Update – Eden Editor, Combat Audio, Launcher-Based Server Browser, Fonts
- Visual Upgrade – overhauled lighting configuration, water reflections, fog improvements
- Environmental Audio – extended ambient configuration, positional ambient sounds
- Vehicle-in-Vehicle Transport – transport suitable vehicles across large distances inside larger vehicles
- Difficulty Overhaul – useful presets, consolidated options, explanatory texts and images
- Tasks Overhaul – updated 2D and 3D visualization, improved diary UX, better map interaction
- Weapon Switching – on-the-move, mappable actions, action menu streamlining
- Targeting Improvements – commanding visualizations, crew communication, weapon systems and indicators, virtual targeting pods
- Respawn Screen – improved presentation of information, role selection UX
- Limping – a more immersive representation of injured character legs
- Eden Editor Enhancements – compositions, bindable camera controls, Comment entities, drag & scale area entities, foliage toggle, environment preview, asset previews
- Launcher Upgrade – enhanced server browsing, better mod handling
- Quick Play – conveniently join a multiplayer session of your choice with limited user input
- Campaign Unification – the 3 "The East Wind" episodes were merged into one
- Optimizations – rendering, clutter drawing, scripted functions, Revive, and more
- Community – modding support, Tools & Samples updates, client ports, Commands, documentation
- Vehicles– V-44 X Blackfish VTOL, Y-32 Xi'an VTOL, Prowler LSV, Qilin LSV, KH-3A Fenghuang Drone, MQ-12 Falcon Drone, Caesar BTT Propellor Airplane, MB 4WD Offroad Car, RHIB Boat, Water Scooter
- Weapons– AKS-74U 5.45 mm Assault Rifle, AKM 7.62 mm Assault Rifle, AK-12 7.62 mm Assault Rifle, RPG-7 Launcher, PM 9 mm Pistol, SPAR-16/S/17 Assault Rifles, CAR-95 5.8 mm Assault Rifle, CAR-95-1 5.8 mm Light Support Weapon, LIM-85 5.56 mm Light Machine Gun, Type 115 6.5 mm / .50 cal Assault Rifle, Protector 9 mm Sub-Machine Gun, CMR-76 6.5 mm Designated Marksman Rifle, ERCO Optics
- Gear– new clothes, uniforms, backpacks, headgear, NVGs, and more
- Syndikat Faction– a criminal organisation composed of armed thugs and ex-paramilitaries
- Gendarmerie Faction– the local Tanoa law enforcement agency
- NATO & CSAT Special Forces– operators equipped with modern weaponry, thermal-masking camouflage, new Night Vision Goggles, and other unique gear
- NATO & CSAT Pacific Forces– suitably camouflaged assets for the primary armed forces
- Props– Tanoa environment decorations and special field equipment
- Character Appearances– Tanoan and Chinese
- Radio Protocols– French, French-English and Chinese
- "Apex Protocol"– a 1-4 player co-op campaign with ties to "The East Wind"
- Showcase End Game– become familiar with the End Game mode in a singleplayer scenario
- End Game Instances– "Moddergat" and "Balavu" variants specifically designed for Tanoa's varied environments
- Zeus– Tanoa Game Master scenarios
- Official Sound Track– new tracks to score "Apex Protocol"
- Main Menu– a re-imagined take on your main window into the game
- Controls Presets– play using the new default "Arma 3 Apex" preset, or stick to the setup you're used to via "Arma 3"
- Achievements– a set of extra Steam Achievements