Animation Editor: Live Debug Tutorial
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Live animation debugging can be useful to observe and record in-game animation evaluation.
Here is how to use it in few steps:
- Start the scenario in game mode or in the game itself.
- Open the Animation Editor and load animation workspace you would like to debug.
- In Live Debug, press Fetch. This will list all available instances and then you can Attach to one of the returned.
- The editor should now record whatever happens to animation in-game. You can pause and rewind, check the set variables, commands and returned events and tags.
- The animation debugging can be disabled. You can jumpstart it in developer menu (win+alt) under Animation > Start Debugger. Triggering the variable starts the debugger and the variable returns to false.
- Game is not updating when alt-tabbed to editor. This way it cannot submit any reports to the editor. Make sure that the game runs with forced updates on.