Sets unit insignia (e.g., shoulder insignia on soldiers). See Arma 3 Unit Insignia for more details. This function is global and should work from any client.
See Arma 3 Unit Insignia for a list of all official insignias.
- [target, className] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia
- target: Object - unit to which the insignia is going to be attached
- class: String - CfgUnitInsignia class name to use. Use an empty string to remove the current insignia.
- Return Value:
- Boolean - Returns true if successful.
- Example 1:
- Place insignia:
[player, "111thID"] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia;
- Example 2:
- Remove insignia:
[player, ""] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia;
- Posted on August 9, 2016 2300
- Pierre MGI
- In Arma 3 Unit Insignia, you can read:
If it's possible to add a cfgUnitInsignia class in a description.ext, please note that the path of the texture differs for server and client in MP environment. Config.cpp (addon) is more reliable. Description.ext, in this case, should be used for SP mission only.
This function calls setObjectTextureGlobal, which is a broken command in MP (see feedback tracker) August 2016.