Difference between revisions of "Bohemia Interactive Community:Getting Started"
m (replace to-do link)
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
Revision as of 01:45, 27 September 2020
In order to prevent vandalism and bot spam, self-creation of accounts has been disabled.
You need to ask for an account creation, Wiki account that will be linked to your Bohemia Interactive account.
Do you need an account?
Before asking for an account, ask yourself:
- Do you want to edit only a couple of pages where you noticed an error?
- If so, it is better to ask someone to edit said page(s) on the Arma Discord in the Template:Inline code channel.
Rules & Recommendations
- Read the Bohemia Interactive Community Guidelines
- Use the BI Community Wiki naming conventions
- Check the cheatsheet, it holds all the basic editing information
- You can refer to Bohemia Interactive Community:Formatting for information on wikitext
- Use categories to distinguish content specific for a particular project (e.g. not everything for OFP makes sense for Arma etc.)
- Check the "This is a minor edit" box for small edits to keep version history easy to read
- Include some summary text of edits you have made
- Use the AnswerMe template if you have a question
- Add your signature on talk pages (with four tildes ~~~~) - see these instructions.
- Collaborate with other contributors on the Arma 3 Discord Template:Inline code channel.
- For experimentation either use this public Sandbox or the one in your personal space.
You can find some excellent starting points for learning to edit the BI Wiki below, and on the help page
MediaWiki Tutorials & Guides