Category:Scripting Commands VBS1

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 18:30, 11 March 2010 by Kronzky (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Introduction

In addition to the regular OFP commands, the list below contains the commands that have been added to VBS1.

Variables

There are a number of inbuilt variables and functions that are added by the VBS core at the start of every mission.

VBS_init

Will equal true when VBS initialisation is complete. Do not use any variable or function defined by the VBS core until VBS_init equals true.

Code:

~0.01
@VBS_init

VBS is now initialised

VBS_is_server

Will equal true on the computer that is the server, otherwise false. (Note that this variable is more reliable than the IsServer command, which due to a bug returns false in a single player game).

Code:

~0.01
@VBS_init
? VBS_is_server : hint "I am the server"

VBS Arrays

Note : In order for third-party content to be inserted into these arrays, it is required that the vehicle eventhandlers be inherited from class vbs_eventhandlers{}. Additionally, these arrays should not be accessed until vbs_init is true.

VBS_units

This is an array containing a reference to every unit in a mission. This includes units in vehicles. This array will be ordered the same on all computers in a networked session.

Code:

~0.01
@VBS_init
hint format["There are %1 units in the mission",count VBS_units]

VBS_vehs

This is an array containing a reference to every vehicle (empty or otherwise) in a mission. This array will be ordered the same on all computers in a networked session.

Code:

~0.01
@VBS_init
hint format["There are %1 vehicles in the mission",count VBS_vehs]

VBS_units_str

This is an array of strings containing the names of every unit in a mission. This array will be ordered the same on all computers in a networked session (as per VBS_units). This array is used by the VBS core to update the VBS_units array when units respawn in multiplayer.

Code:

~0.01
@VBS_init
hint format["I am unit number %1 in the mission",VBS_units_str find (name player)]

VBS_distance3D

No info placeholder

Pages in category "Scripting Commands VBS1"

The following 78 pages are in this category, out of 78 total.

A

C

D

E

F

G

I

L

N

O

R

S