Content Authorship

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 17:26, 29 January 2021 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "\{\{ *codecomment *\| *\/\/ *([^ ]+) *\}\} " to "{{cc|$1}}")
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Take On Helicopters, as all previous Bohemia Interactive's products, strongly supports user-made content. In order to give community creators easy way how to show authorship of their work, we're newly displaying 'Author' field in following menus:

• Campaigns
  • SP Missions (e.g. Challenges, Time Trials, Tutorials and Templates)
  • Worlds
  • Vehicles (e.g. Helicopters, Soldiers, Objects - anything includable in category Units (F1) of 2D editor)

How to set authorship

It's all about one config parameter:

author = "Me";

While defined as String, content of this param is parsed and displayed as a Structured Text. It means you can change color, size, or even include pictures.

Useful tips:

• Display area remains always same and content outside of this area simply won't be displayed.
  • As users can change interface color, make sure your text will be visible on all possible backgrounds.

Sample configs

Following samples explain where in config structure you should place your author. They present only excerpt of required params and cannot work as they are.

CfgMissions

Please note obsolete variant with PBO file included in Missions/Campaigns folder is not supported and author tag won't be read.

class CfgMissions
{
	// --- Campaigns 	class Campaigns
	{
		class MyCampaign
		{
			directory = "<path to folder with campaign description.ext>";
			author = "Me";
		};
	};

// --- SP Missions (use can also use class TImeTrials or class Tutorial 	class Missions
	{
		class MyMyssion
		{
			directory = "<path to folder with mission description.ext>";
			author = "Me";
		};
	};
};

CfgWorlds

class CfgWorlds
{
	class MyWorld
	{
		worldName = <path to WRP file>;
		author = "Me";
	};
};

CfgVehicles

If you're inheriting from any official class, author param will be set to BI Studio. Don't forget to change it to claim you ownership.

class CfgVehicles
{
	class MyVehicle
	{
		model = <path to P3D file>;
		author = "Me";
	};
};

CfgMods

Large mods usually contains a lot of different content and setting author param with elaborate pictures or structured text could be difficult to maintain. To prevent this, they can put mod's CfgMods class in author param instead of actual text and system then automatically replaces it with author param defined in CfgMods.

class CfgMods
{
	class MyMod
	{
		author = "<t size='2'>Me</t>";
	};
};
class CfgVehicles
{
	class MyVehicle
	{
		// --- MyMod is found in CfgMods and it is replaced by structured text defined there 		author = "MyMod";
	};
};