Description.ext: Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 5: Line 5:
The Description.ext is a text file which will allow you to define many things in your mission. This is a list of definitions with description of what they do. Each example must be given a new line in the Description.ext.
The Description.ext is a text file which will allow you to define many things in your mission. This is a list of definitions with description of what they do. Each example must be given a new line in the Description.ext.

OnLoadMission <i>et al</i>
<b>OnLoadMission <i>et al</i></b>
This displays a message whilst the mission is loading. Note that a mission that takes very little time to load will only display the message for a short time. Care should be taken to see whether your message is readable in that timeframe.
This displays a message whilst the mission is loading. Note that a mission that takes very little time to load will only display the message for a short time. Care should be taken to see whether your message is readable in that timeframe.

Line 12: Line 12:
OnLoadIntro = "YourMessage"
OnLoadIntro = "YourMessage"

OnLoadIntroTime <i>et al</i>
<b>OnLoadIntroTime <i>et al</i></b>
This allows you to define whether you will see the time and date displayed whilst the mission loads. Variables are True or False.
This allows you to define whether you will see the time and date displayed whilst the mission loads. Variables are True or False.

Line 19: Line 19:
OnLoadMissionTime = False;
OnLoadMissionTime = False;

Score
<b>Score</b>
This feature allows you to set scores for your mission. Score is related to the star display in the debriefing screen.
This feature allows you to set scores for your mission. Score is related to the star display in the debriefing screen.

Revision as of 00:55, 28 May 2006

Features of the Description.ext

OnLoadMission et al This displays a message whilst the mission is loading. Note that a mission that takes very little time to load will only display the message for a short time. Care should be taken to see whether your message is readable in that timeframe.

Example: OnLoadMission = "YourMessage" OnLoadIntro = "YourMessage"

OnLoadIntroTime et al This allows you to define whether you will see the time and date displayed whilst the mission loads. Variables are True or False.

Example: OnLoadIntroTime = False; OnLoadMissionTime = False;

Score This feature allows you to set scores for your mission. Score is related to the star display in the debriefing screen.

Example: MinScore = 0; AvgScore = 1800; MaxScore = 7500; ShowGPS = 0