Description.ext: Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
[[Category:Editing: Flashpoint]]
[[Category:Editing: Flashpoint]]

This page is a placeholder for information about the description.ext file.
<b>Features of the Description.ext</b>

The Description.ext is a text file which will allow you to define many things in your mission. This is a list of definitions with description of what they do. Each example must be given a new line in the Description.ext.

OnLoadMission <i>et al</i>
This displays a message whilst the mission is loading. Note that a mission that takes very little time to load will only display the message for a short time. Care should be taken to see whether your message is readable in that timeframe.

Example:
OnLoadMission = "YourMessage"
OnLoadIntro = "YourMessage"

OnLoadIntroTime <i>et al</i>
This allows you to define whether you will see the time and date displayed whilst the mission loads. Variables are True or False.

Example:
OnLoadIntroTime = False;
OnLoadMissionTime = False;

Score
This feature allows you to set scores for your mission. Score is related to the star display in the debriefing screen.

Example:
MinScore = 0;
AvgScore = 1800;
MaxScore = 7500;
ShowGPS = 0

Revision as of 00:55, 28 May 2006

Features of the Description.ext

The Description.ext is a text file which will allow you to define many things in your mission. This is a list of definitions with description of what they do. Each example must be given a new line in the Description.ext.

OnLoadMission et al This displays a message whilst the mission is loading. Note that a mission that takes very little time to load will only display the message for a short time. Care should be taken to see whether your message is readable in that timeframe.

Example: OnLoadMission = "YourMessage" OnLoadIntro = "YourMessage"

OnLoadIntroTime et al This allows you to define whether you will see the time and date displayed whilst the mission loads. Variables are True or False.

Example: OnLoadIntroTime = False; OnLoadMissionTime = False;

Score This feature allows you to set scores for your mission. Score is related to the star display in the debriefing screen.

Example: MinScore = 0; AvgScore = 1800; MaxScore = 7500; ShowGPS = 0