Enfusion is an engine currently in development by Bohemia Interactive in order to replace Real Virtuality as their common base for future games. As of 2019, Bohemia Interactive assigned most of its development teams to this project. This engine is already in use on DayZ as of 0.63, which was released in 2018. However, it only makes use of Enfusion's rendering and animations systems.
Enfusion is announced to allow far more flexibility and scalability than Real Virtuality, specifically through modding with the availability of extensive development tools and ability for modders to create their own plugins for Enfusion. Furthermore, Enfusion would also allow modders to interact with the games' core features and mechanics, .
- Script Syntax
- Open source 3D software tools support.
- Compatibility with multiple gaming platforms.
Notes and references
- "Bohemia in 2019", Korneel van 't Land on the Developer's Blog on bohemia.net, December 18, 2019 (accessed on April 23rd, 2020).
- "DayZ’s long awaited engine upgrade is finally coming in the next update", Matthew Wilson on kitguru.net, April 9, 2018 (accessed on April 23rd, 2020).
- "What's the hype with the enfusion engine?", post on reddit.com, February 22, 2017 (accessed on April 23rd, 2020).
- "Whats the deal with enfusion engine?", post on reddit.com, February 11, 2018 (accessed on April 23rd, 2020).