Identifier: Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Page refresh)
m (replaced BIS tag with UNIQUETAG so ppl don't even think about using BIS_player)
Line 26: Line 26:
<code>[[private]] _myVariableName = 5;</code>
<code>[[private]] _myVariableName = 5;</code>

It is also recommended to prefix '''public variable identifiers''' with your [[OFPEC tags|tag]] in order to avoid any potential conflict between addons, scripts and missions:
It is also recommended to prefix '''public variable identifiers''' with '''your''' [[OFPEC tags|tag]] in order to avoid any potential conflict between addons, scripts and missions:
<code>{{cc|<span style{{=}}"color: purple; font-weight: bold">Tag</span>_identifier}}
<code>{{cc|<span style{{=}}"color: purple; font-weight: bold">Tag</span>_identifier}}
<span style="color: purple; font-weight: bold">BIS</span>_player = [[player]];</code>
<span style="color: purple; font-weight: bold">UNIQUETAG</span>_player = [[player]];</code>

A less encountered naming format is separating all sub-words with underscores:
A less encountered naming format is separating all sub-words with underscores:

Revision as of 17:56, 4 November 2019

An identifier is a name given to a variable that the scripter can choose: It is the name that identifies the variable.

Rules

Valid Invalid
  • variable1
  • _my_local_variable
  • _1variable
  • 1variable
  • _my#localVar
  • _guy1&2var

Binding rules for identifiers:

• Identifiers may consist of any ASCII text characters (a-z, A-Z), numbers (0-9) and underscores (_)
  • Identifiers must not start with a number (e.g "9myVariable")
  • Identifiers of local variables must start with an underscore

Recommendations

It is recommended to write private variable identifiers in camel case syntax. This makes identifiers more readable: private _myVariableName = 5;

It is also recommended to prefix public variable identifiers with your tag in order to avoid any potential conflict between addons, scripts and missions: // Tag_identifier UNIQUETAG_player = player;

A less encountered naming format is separating all sub-words with underscores: _my_variable_name = 5;

See also