Jump to navigation Jump to search
Binding rules for identifiers:
- Identifiers may consist of any ASCII text characters (a-z, A-Z), numbers (0-9) and underscores (_).
- Identifiers must not start with a number (e.g "9myVariable" is invalid).
- Identifiers of local variables must start with an underscore.
- Identifiers are case-insensitive.
- Identifiers cannot be the same as reserved words (e.g commands and functions).
A less encountered naming format is separating all sub-words with underscores:
_my_variable_name = 5;