Magic variables are engine-maintained variables that serve a specific purpose within a given scope and are often used by the engine to push data to a given script or code fragment.
They are usually no longer present after leaving the scope (e.g. after code execution or after a forEach statement).
Additional Event Handler arguments available with addMissionEventHandler
The index for Scripted Event Handlers added with BIS_fnc_addScriptedEventHandler.
SQS ONLY. The time elapsed since the script started running.
From within a Function, the TAG_fnc_functionName function name as string (e.g. "myTag_fnc_myFunction")
- In Addons' config files (e.g. UserActions, onInit, etc.): The object to which the entry belongs
- In Dialogs: The player unit that activated control (e.g. via mouseEnter). false if non-activated
- In Object's "Init" line: The object to which the init line belongs
- In Triggers
- In Waypoints
- "Condition" or "On Activation/Deactivation" line: The group leader that completed the respective waypoint (or driver, if waypoint is assigned to a vehicle)
- accessible within the Condition, On Activation or On Deactivation script
- defines an array of objects that have been detected by the trigger (same as what is returned by the list command)
- thisList in a trigger's On Deactivation field seems to be undefined, and should not be used. It will either return an empty array, or possibly the contents of a different trigger.
- accessible within the Condition or On Activation script
- defines an array containing all group members that completed the respective waypoint
Refers to the trigger object itself - accessible within the Condition, On Activation or On Deactivation script.