6thSense.eu/EG – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 14:19, 19 March 2020 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "<br />" to "<br>")
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Thanks So Much SickBoy!! This is an excellent contribution to the community. I use much of your addons.

I would like to add the following based on experience...

"To get a list of all (connected)player-objects in the mission"

should read...

"To get a list of all (alive)player-objects in the mission"

Because I have found that in the Six_Pack1 v0.4 -> 6thSense.eu:Pack1 when you die it does not count you during the 30-60 second respawn time set in our missions.

I know later in this very helpful article it says "The list is automatically cleared of dead players or players who left."

This is true and explains my experience above but my point is, if the mission writer's goal is to get an accurate up-to-the-minute snapshot of (connected) players (alive and/or dead) we had to use playersNumber However note that playersNumber apparently only works in Multiplayer mode which is what we use.

--ViperMaul 04:03, 24 January 2008 (CET)

Thanks Mate, edited. If you got more ideas to add or find anything inaccurate please let me know :)
--Sickboy 09:00, 24 January 2008 (CET)

This is a great page! --Doolittle 17:18, 26 January 2008 (CET)

Indeed, cool stuff. Some notes:
  • init.sqf/s are run during briefing until the first delay pops up
  • sleep/waituntil are only for sqf scripts, so they won't run in sqs or the situations you note. If they work in a sqf function depends on if they are called from a sqs or sqf script (basically, the ending says nothing, it depends on how a script is started: exec is "sqs script", call is "sqf function", execVM/spawn are "sqf script")
  • afaik triggers are created globally, but the trigger change commands are local --raedor 15:42, 27 January 2008 (CET)

Nice work, but ... I can't see that time or weather is automatical send to JIPs, after some hours of dark starting gameplay a JIP starts also in the dark

The Commands Setfuel, Lock, SetVehicleArmor ... arn't activated by any machine, expect the machine where this vehicle is holded. (Driver, Gunner or Commander if Player or the Server if is AI)

Otherwise this effects doesn't have a global effekt like setpos or setdamage I had massive problems with them if they were executed from a personal Useraction and have use tricks to work without any problems ! (Of cause, fuel give the correct value from any machine, but setfuel doesn't set it so !)--Lester 15:33, 28 January 2008 (CET)

@Lester: My experience is as follows: Mission time in editor = 04:00. We start mission, we play 60 minutes. Someone else joins. His time is just like ours: 05:00. The same seems to be for weather settings set in the Editor. When a jip player joins, the time of day, mission time, and weather settings are used to calculate the current weather. Again, the problem is in manually manipulation, by using setDate, skipTime, setOvercast or setFog, your JIP player will be out of sync, unless you use time/weather synchronization on your own. I will be looking into the rest you posted, I probably will include it within the guide.
@Raedor: Thanks mate, will work out the details into the wiki
--Sickboy 12:06, 29 January 2008 (CET)

I guess you meant me and not Doolittle ;)
BTW You should add "SQS" to the list "You can not use sleep or waitUntil directly (or in a call) inside"
--raedor 13:25, 29 January 2008 (CET)

I guess so too :P I hate this way of communicating in a talk page rofl :)
Thanks, changed :)
--Sickboy 14:27, 29 January 2008 (CET)

I believe future discussions should be done inside the ArmA (MP) Editing Discussion thread

Can I suggest this article is given a name that relates to the information within it, or maybe gets merged with the Locality_in_Multiplayer article (or possibly a game unique name)? It is unsearchable at the moment. This is also a wiki, the original author's identity or which clan/group they belong to should not be relevant. --Ceeeb 01:23, 18 September 2008 (CEST)

Quote: "To get a count of all connected players, you can use the playersNumber function"

I'm not sure, but perhaps it is not entirely correct, because:

playersNumber == count playableUnits

I propose to replace:

To get a count of all playable slots, you can use the playersNumber function. To get a count of all connected players, you can use the this expression:

{isPlayer _x} count playableUnits

denisko.redisko (denvdmj)