Actions – ArmA: Armed Assault Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 02:04, 4 February 2010 by tcp (talk | contribs) (→‎weapon index)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

After experimenting with these actions, I have concluded that some of them are definately broken. Both the TAKEMINE and DEACTIVATEMINE actions give no actual results. The unit bends down in the animation but the mine remains active, and is not picked up. If the unit is grouped to the player, ordering him to deactivate or take the mine through the order interface will work and give the desired results. kungtotte 14:49, 18 March 2007 (CET)
I just read this in armory1.intro\Data\Scripts\Functions\respawn.sqf: //Start airplanes in the air and set them to autopilot. if (_tid == 4) then { LIB_curObj engineOn true; LIB_curObj setPos [(position LIB_curObj) select 0, (position LIB_curObj) select 1, 150]; LIB_curObj setDir 0; LIB_curObj setVelocity [0, 100, 0]; //Ugly way of getting autopilot activated a little while later. private ["_triggerAutopilot"]; _triggerAutopilot = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", position player]; _triggerAutopilot setTriggerActivation ["NONE", "PRESENT", false]; _triggerAutopilot setTriggerArea [0, 0, 0, false]; _triggerAutopilot setTriggerTimeout [0, 0.1, 0.2, false]; _triggerAutopilot setTriggerStatements ["true", "(driver LIB_curObj) action [""Land"", LIB_curObj]", ""]; LIB_dynObjs = LIB_dynObjs + [_triggerAutopilot]; }; Maybe this can help someone... --Doolittle 08:51, 11 July 2007 (CEST)

You can use the new version of createVehicle_array and the new commands for multiple airports landAt. To do all of that. UNN 12:17, 11 July 2007 (CEST)

Request for up to date BI reference

It would be nice to get some up to date reference to ArmA's actions, assuming such documentation exists. The old reference (hidden at the bottom of the article, age unknown) is incomplete and several actions parameters have apparently changed. Some actions are rather hard to try and figure out by trial and error. The behaviour of several actions seems to have changed between 1.05 and 1.12, and new ones have been added (eg - manualFireCancel, landGearUp). Thanks --Ceeeb 02:02, 6 April 2008 (CEST)

weapon index

For various actions i.e. "USEWEAPON", the weapon index is needed but differs depending on weapon layout. There is a quick way to find that index without too much calculation.

_unit = player;
_veh = vehicle _unit;
_weapon = currentWeapon _unit;
//Get Weapon Index
_wepIdx = 0;
_unit action ["SWITCHWEAPON", _veh, _veh, _wepIdx];
while{(currentWeapon _unit) != _weapon} do {_wepIdx = _wepIdx + 1; _unit action ["SWITCHWEAPON", _veh, _veh, _wepIdx];};

It works instantaneously, player shouldn't notice any weapon switching depending if they started with weapon being searched for.