Event Handlers – ArmA: Armed Assault Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 03:57, 6 January 2021 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Lou Montana moved page Talk:ArmA: Event Handlers to Talk:ArmA: Armed Assault: Event Handlers: Text replacement - "ArmA: " to "ArmA: Armed Assault: ")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

It might be worth mentioning that the Init event is also call when an object based on class man, exits a vehicle?

There are more advanced issues regarding the timing of events. In particular init events and the init.sqs and the init field of the mission editor. But I'm not sure this is within the scope of the wiki? UNN 21:56, 10 October 2006 (CEST)

Well, I would suggest to add this information as it is quite important to now - e.g. that infantry init-evs don't get fired when they start inside of a vehicle and that they fire each time the specific infantrytype is getting out of a vehicle. I was one of those persons who had to find it out by myself which took me some time I could have used much better when that info was available easily ;) --TeRp 02:22, 11 October 2006 (CEST)
Yep, this definitely is within the scope of the biki! Such knowledge is what we need here. --raedor 02:43, 11 October 2006 (CEST)

In OFP, the GetIn/GetOut event handlers do not fire when changing positions within a vehicle. Has this been tested for ArmA?--Mr.Peanut 21:42, 16 May 2007 (CEST)

The "Dammaged" event handler seems to be passing the wrong damage amounts. shooting the unit in the arms without killing it sometimes passes an amount of 1. maybe the damage is calculated per body part? ex. hands have a damage of 1 while the legs have a damage of 0.

"hit" EH is not triggered when object gets killed (in OFP "hit" was always triggered )-- bdfy
"hit" also doesn't trigger when firing at choppers (tested with AH6 and BH). CausedBy also returns the object in case of collisions, not only explosions --HulkingUnicorn 10:46, 22 April 2007 (CEST)

In OFP "HIT" would not be triggered on armoured vehicles(and aircraft) unless the damage done was at least 5%. This is probably the same for ArmA. --Mr.Peanut 21:41, 16 May 2007 (CEST)

AnimDone & AnimChanged

Do the animDone and AnimChanged Eventhandlers work on vehicles? I can only get them working for class men, but I'm looking for a way to detect anim changes on a vehicle (e.g. of a door) without having to use a loop. --TeRp 23:34, 30 March 2007 (CEST)

GetIn and the moveInX Command

It may be possible that GetIn event handlers are triggered on a multiplayer dedicated server (but not in the editor or singleplayer) with the moveInX command. For both 1.08 and 1.09 versions if you assign a GetIn event handler to a vehicle I found that it will not trigger in the editor, not trigger in singleplayer, but will trigger on a dedicated server (with one or more clients connected). Both non-playable and playable AI units that either start in vehicle placed in the editor or using one of the moveInX commands triggered the GetIn event handler. This was accomplished with a GetIn event handler assigned by an addon. I have not yet tried it with mission only scripted event handlers. - Loyalguard 13:42, 10 February 2008 (CET)

Local Global

Local means the eventhandler is only triggered when the unit is local. (But you have to add the eventhandler on the machine before) Global means the eventhandler is always triggered, even if the unit is not local. (But you have to add the eventhanlder on the machine before. --Crowe 11:11, 22 March 2008 (CET)