FSM Danger Causes – Arma 2 Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Added several questions about Danger Causes / danger FSM)

Line 1: Line 1:
= Questions =
= Questions =

Are the events linked to internal engine behavior? I am asking as only DCCanFire have execution code in the states.
Are the events linked to internal engine behavior? I am asking as only DCCanFire have execution code in the states.
If so, can you please share the reactions to each event type in a brief bullet point list.
If so, can you please share the reactions to each event type in a brief bullet point list.
For example why is DCFire used for / useful for? It is caused at very high rate compared to the other events.
For example why is DCFire used for / useful for? It is caused at very high rate compared to the other events.

Are the events/danger.FSM calls only per unit or is there some group interaction?
Are the events/danger.FSM calls only per unit or is there some group interaction?

The events are only trigger for infantry units, right?
Why is there no danger.FSM (exposed) for vehicles?

What are the conditions to 'combat behaviour'?  
Can the combat behaviour disabled by scripting?
If not, is there a chance for a scripting command to do so?

Is DCHit trigger for any vehicle or only hostile?  
I assume it is triggered only for known vehicles for the given unit?

Can DCDeadBody triggered twice per body? First when seen the kill and later on when moving over the body?
Can DCDeadBody triggered twice per body? First when seen the kill and later on when moving over the body?

Is DCScream triggered by any infantry unit or only civilian or some other conditions?
Is DCScream triggered by any infantry unit or only civilian or some other conditions?

Why is DCCanFire only triggered 'an unit can fire an enemy for the first time (was not know before)'? If it doesn't manage to kill it during '4-8 seconds forceSpeed -1' phase, it will move on rather in most cases rather to engage again it seems - is this desired behavior?
Why is DCCanFire only triggered 'an unit can fire an enemy for the first time (was not know before)'?  
If it doesn't manage to kill it during '4-8 seconds forceSpeed -1' phase, it will move on rather in most cases  
rather to engage again it seems - is this desired behavior?

What if the unit is firing onto another unit while DCCanFire is triggered for it, is the event effectively dropped? (Fighting another unit = either in a DCCanFire phase already or just returning fire.
What if the unit is firing onto another unit while DCCanFire is triggered for it, is the event effectively dropped? (Fighting another unit = either in a DCCanFire phase already or just returning fire.

Revision as of 08:22, 5 August 2011

Questions

Why is DCCanFire only triggered 'an unit can fire an enemy for the first time (was not know before)'? 
If it doesn't manage to kill it during '4-8 seconds forceSpeed -1' phase, it will move on rather in most cases 
rather to engage again it seems - is this desired behavior?