Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 3: Line 3:

== Explain how and when functions are compiled ==
== Explain how and when functions are compiled ==
<nowiki>edit: i was going to post a reply but i guess this will do
edit: i was going to post a reply but i guess this will do

I've talked with plenty of rookies who didn't understand that functions are compiled BEFORE the mission starts / init fields are called, so they were calling their functions using preInit and just exiting if that was the params.
I've talked with plenty of rookies who didn't understand that functions are compiled BEFORE the mission starts / init fields are called, so they were calling their functions using preInit and just exiting if that was the params.
Line 17: Line 17:
Addon:  
Addon:  
Functions are compiled when addon is loaded
Functions are compiled when addon is loaded
</nowiki>

Revision as of 00:20, 20 November 2014

Looking across the CfgFunctions class, there are also those Attributes: headerType, cheatsEnabled that are not referenced here. -Floriangeyer

Those are system attributes and are used only in special cases. I didn't consider them significant enough to be descibed publicly. -Str (talk) 18:10, 28 March 2014 (CET)

Explain how and when functions are compiled

edit: i was going to post a reply but i guess this will do

My suggestion is that someone who knows the exact compile steps for functions add that just above "init order".

From my understanding it's goes something like this;

Mission: In editor: cfgFunctions from description.ext are compiled when mission loaded/previewed/restarted (since you don't have to add recompile flag and don't have to save like with cfgSounds to be read when changed?) MP: Functions are compiled when "start" is pressed?

Addon: Functions are compiled when addon is loaded