Questions and Answers 2 – Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Reverted edits by Heecfyahoo.ca (talk) to last revision by Oktane)
m (Reverted edits by ABIDEEN0.. (talk) to last revision by T DBot)
(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)
(No difference)

Revision as of 01:53, 24 August 2012

Thank you for taking your time answering the questions. alef 14:22, 11 June 2010 (CEST)

Indeed, thank you very much for responding. I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding about the following:

ME > Can ground vehicles in AO laser designate for aircraft and other units? http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10452

BIS > Observer turret on the UH-1Y should work already this way.

However what I meant was: Ground vehicles cannot lase currently, it appears to be an engine limitation. If you attach a laser to a ground-borne vehicle (or static), you are unable to fire the laser. Indeed, it works on air vehicles such as the UH-1Y. Not working on ground vehicles was the limitation that I was referring to.

Something I forgot to ask regarding the sound engine: Would you consider allowing the VOIP system use a separate playback device instead of the main one the game sound effect plays thru? This isolates the voice comms to the headset, making differing volume issues less of a problem and offering a more realistic experience. Most players that use 3rd party communications in PC games have isolated headsets for just this purpose, and lately more and more MP oriented games are shipping with this feature built in.

Thank you, the community owes a great debt to your patience and dedication to this series. oktane 16:32, 11 June 2010 (CEST)