CfgAmmo Config Reference – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Is it on purpose that the example to indirectHit is the same for indirectHitRange? --Serclaes 12:20, 7 January 2007 (CET)

No, that was a small glitch. But I can't make sure everything is correct here, because I did it all myself and cannot guarantee that there are more of those erros inside. Feel free to fix it, that's the purpose of a wiki :) --TeRp 17:08, 7 January 2007 (CET)
I'm just asking, because it looked strange but my knowledge of configs doesnt go far enough to be sure you made a mistake. ;) --Serclaes 17:54, 7 January 2007 (CET)

And what about the formula used to calculate total hit? ("Total damage = Hit damage - Indirect damage") Is it correct? Should not it be Total damage = Hit damage + Indirect damage???
Yes, indeed, it is not MINUS but plus. Setting 2 identical Values (15+15) does NOT negate the damage, it acts like the damage is doubled (30).DamonDaemon 08:50, 27 March 2012 (CEST)

visibleFireTime

"Description: How long is one shot assumed to be noticeable by the AI. Values under 5 should be avoided, as AI can performs is cycles with 5s of no testing in between." Is it true about 5 sec ? But why then almost all stadart small arms got values under 5s ? ;)--Bdfy

min/MaxRange...

I dont wanna wildly add something, but my experience is as follows:

Values are in (m) for XXXRange and in float (0.0 - 1.0) for XXXRangeprobab.

Changing values to 1.0 determines the AI uses the according firing mode 100% over said distance.

Example: class Single : Mode_SemiAuto { minRange = 0; minRangeProbab = 1; midRange = 400; midRangeProbab = 1; maxRange = 800; maxRangeProbab = 1; };

class Burst : Mode_Burst { minRange = 0; minRangeProbab = 0; midRange = 400; midRangeProbab = 0; maxRange = 800; maxRangeProbab = 0; };

would make the AI ALWAYS use Single-fire up to a range of 800, but it will never use "Burst mode" on any distance, no matter what.

USING very high values for Range and 1.0 or 1 for probab will, for example, make a AH1z fire its M197 at airplanes, even if they are far beyond visible range.DamonDaemon 22:54, 9 February 2012 (CET)

Explosive= conclusion

As another page on this WIKI (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Damage) explains, the EXPLOSIVE parameter determines how MUCH damage gets "lost over distance".
Ammo which causes explosive damage loses power, the higher the distance gets; at a really high indirectHitRange you will lose a lot of power if you set the indirecthit low.
Setting indirectHitRange=50 and hit=20 requires a high explosive (=1.0) to NOT lose about 60% of power at just range 30; if you set a LOW explosive (0.1), you will have to set a HIGH HIT to make up for the "lost damage", so it still has a high enough hit at range 50 (full range).
It is compareable to a bucket in which you throw a stone. A bigger stone makes the waves stronger, until they "time-out" at the edges of the bucket.
Imagine the small stone the summary from explosive=0.1 and hit=20, over range 50, and the big stone the sum from explosive1.0 and hit=20 over range 50.
I just verified this, using a civilian as a target and a M1A1 with the HE ammo: changed the Ammo to indirecthit=20 and the explosive to explosive=0.1: as soon as the Shell hit too far off, it took a couple hits to kill the poor bugger;
Tried same thing again, but only with explosive=1.0: even when just barely in the blast radius, the poor man died instantly from one hit, so conclusion is:
It (explosive=) determines how far (in the limit of indirecthitrange) a blast wave goes before losing power until maxrange is reached.DamonDaemon 09:02, 27 March 2012 (CEST)

thrust

Hey guys, I'm new to this wiki therefore I ll not just change a page but discuss my suggestion before. thrust is described this: "Engine power for missiles and rockets." I think this is wrong because the current thrust value seems to be the acceleration of a self propelled ammo while the rocket motor is burning. I proofed this for M_NLAW_AT_F ammo in this post: [1] All I want to know now is if it would be wise to edit the thrust entry and provide the information that this value is acceleration with m/s² as its units? As u can see in the above given thread those info would ve been very good for me at the time I started the thread to solve the problem I had more quickly. --Sarogahtyp (talk) 15:39, 9 June 2017 (CEST)