Description.ext – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 06:25, 9 July 2007 by Doolittle (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Well, I now saw three different definitions for respawn = value... I'm not too sure about the numbers anymore as I only used "group", "instant" and "base" so far. Also it's not sure that "side" works...

--Raedor 01:20, 2 June 2006 (CEST)

I'm looking for a place where the preprocessor commands (like #define and #include) can be explained but I don't know whether it should be added here in the description.ext article or in something config related or should we create a new article for this? But could someone else do this because the reason I'm asking is that I'm looking for an explaination for the #include command --T_D 00:37, 7 August 2006 (CEST)

this should be listed as "Config.cpp Preprocess Commands" under the addons category and a 'related link' put in desc.ext. While doing so, there should also be an attempt to mention the macros (stupid word that) true false public and private.

--ook? 07:59, 7 August 2006 (CEST)

The section about radio commands notes something like title = {$STR_RADIO_2}; Is the title looked up in the stringtable.csv? And is it localized? This should perhaps be noted somewhere. -- Manny 17:50, 20 February 2007 (CET)

Where ever you see $STR_ means its to be looked up in the stringtable. Feel free to make a note. hoz

-- Dennis : I tested a mission where a sqf script that changed gear at respawn didn't have access to param2 from the description.ext file in the mission editor, param2 isnt't even showing in a hint command (for example hint str param2 doesn't even show an error message or the default unknown value. But when I saved the file for multiplayer and tested mission the script worked well it recognized param2 variable and its value.

params are _only_ working in MP matches and the MP editor. hint str undefined_value returns nothing, if you want to make sure that you get a hint try e.g. hint str [param2] which at least returns []. --raedor 00:51, 21 May 2007 (CEST)

What do the undocumented scripting commands '__EXEC' and '__EVAL' do in the description.ext file? As per the description.ext in the missions.pbo of v1.08. --Sy 13:17, 22 June 2007 (CEST)

Note to self: you must have a briefing.html in order for onLoadMission to show! --Doolittle 06:25, 9 July 2007 (CEST)