Description.ext – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 19:21, 15 December 2015 by 3.JgKp James (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Well, I now saw three different definitions for respawn = value... I'm not too sure about the numbers anymore as I only used "group", "instant" and "base" so far. Also it's not sure that "side" works...

--Raedor 01:20, 2 June 2006 (CEST)

I'm looking for a place where the preprocessor commands (like #define and #include) can be explained but I don't know whether it should be added here in the description.ext article or in something config related or should we create a new article for this? But could someone else do this because the reason I'm asking is that I'm looking for an explaination for the #include command --T_D 00:37, 7 August 2006 (CEST)

this should be listed as "Config.cpp Preprocess Commands" under the addons category and a 'related link' put in desc.ext. While doing so, there should also be an attempt to mention the macros (stupid word that) true false public and private.

--ook? 07:59, 7 August 2006 (CEST)

The section about radio commands notes something like title = {$STR_RADIO_2}; Is the title looked up in the stringtable.csv? And is it localized? This should perhaps be noted somewhere. -- Manny 17:50, 20 February 2007 (CET)

Where ever you see $STR_ means its to be looked up in the stringtable. Feel free to make a note. hoz

-- Dennis : I tested a mission where a sqf script that changed gear at respawn didn't have access to param2 from the description.ext file in the mission editor, param2 isnt't even showing in a hint command (for example hint str param2 doesn't even show an error message or the default unknown value. But when I saved the file for multiplayer and tested mission the script worked well it recognized param2 variable and its value.

params are _only_ working in MP matches and the MP editor. hint str undefined_value returns nothing, if you want to make sure that you get a hint try e.g. hint str [param2] which at least returns []. --raedor 00:51, 21 May 2007 (CEST)

What do the undocumented scripting commands '__EXEC' and '__EVAL' do in the description.ext file? As per the description.ext in the missions.pbo of v1.08. --Sy 13:17, 22 June 2007 (CEST)

Note to self: you must have a briefing.html in order for onLoadMission to show! --Doolittle 06:25, 9 July 2007 (CEST)

Min/max/avgscore doesn't seem to mean anything as points/stars are not shown during a debriefing in MP?? --Doolittle 06:20, 23 August 2007 (CEST)

CfgSFX & CfgEnvSounds missing

Shouldn't CfgSFX & CfgEnvSounds included in Sounds section. There's practically no info on these on biki. From OFPEC forums I found some examples but no solid info on all the values in CfgSFX.

Example:

class CfgSFX
{
 sounds[] = {siren1,siren2};
 class siren1
 {
  sounds[]={siren1};
  name = "siren1";
  // sfxfile, vol, frq, probab, min_delay, mid_delay, max_delay
  siren1[]={"siren.ogg",db-1,1,1,5,0,0};
  empty[]={, , , , , , ,};
 };
 class siren2
 {
  sounds[]={siren2};
  name = "siren2";
  siren2[]={"air_raid",db-1,1,1,5,0,0}; // .wss implied
  empty[]={"","","","",5,5,5};
 };  
};

Maybe someone with more info can add better examples to the article. --Rok 23:06, 29 May 2009 (CEST)

Alphabetical sorting?

I feel like this page would be easier to navigate if the entries were sorted alphabetically. Any thoughts? --SilentSpike (talk) 11:27, 19 August 2014 (CEST)

Im with Fred, whatever he says goes :) --KK
The table is sortable. Just click once on the Attribute heading to see the entries listed from A and again to see the entries listed to A. -- Fred Gandt (talk|contribs) 13:01, 19 August 2014 (CEST)
Oh wow, I didn't see that at all. In that case, ignore this question! --SilentSpike (talk) 13:15, 19 August 2014 (CEST)
Nope ;-) -- Fred Gandt (talk|contribs) 13:11, 19 August 2014 (CEST)
It could also be an idea to sort alphabetically by default (if I understand this right now that would just mean changing the column order)? --SilentSpike (talk) 13:15, 19 August 2014 (CEST)
In fact, I think the hardest thing to navigate is the un-alphabetical contents at the top. Which doesn't actually change when you change the table sorting

respawnOnStart

respawnOnStart does not work anymore like described. Leaving out this command results in immediately running the code in onPlayerRespawn.sqf at mission start. Using respawnOnStart = 0 does not run the code at the beginning of the mission. Either does respawnOnStart = 1 or respawnOnStart = -1. I dont see any difference between 0 and 1 and therefor guess its deprecated. Any value for this parameter results in NOT running the code at the beginning of any mission. So if you want to run the code right from the start of your mission, just LEAVE THE COMMAND out.

One further notice: it seems that this command works only in combination with the respawn template system as described here : http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14585