DialogControls-Menu – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Line 4: Line 4:

Have sussed out that it requires an "Items" subclass with a further "Default" subclass. However, that only gets rid of the errors, the control is not visible at all in my display regardless of what I add to the "items[]" array within the "Items" subclass. Tried adding items via script command also and no luck (also strange that the menuXX commands only accept IDC and not the control itself).
Have sussed out that it requires an "Items" subclass with a further "Default" subclass. However, that only gets rid of the errors, the control is not visible at all in my display regardless of what I add to the "items[]" array within the "Items" subclass. Tried adding items via script command also and no luck (also strange that the menuXX commands only accept IDC and not the control itself).
:: Here I go answering my own question: It seems as though once the display focus is not on the menu the control disappears. You'd imagine this might make sense for a context menu (type 14), but for a regular menu (type 46) it seems like it's probably unintentional behaviour. Strip menus (type 47) work just fine. Oh also the menu script command do have a control variant which at least works with strip menus.

Latest revision as of 19:42, 19 August 2017

Anyone figured out how to use this control type?

Not sure why this was never documented - seems like it might be broken/exclusive to eden?

Here I go answering my own question: It seems as though once the display focus is not on the menu the control disappears. You'd imagine this might make sense for a context menu (type 14), but for a regular menu (type 46) it seems like it's probably unintentional behaviour. Strip menus (type 47) work just fine. Oh also the menu script command do have a control variant which at least works with strip menus.