Extensions – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
Line 16: Line 16:

:::the difference between admin and player literally was "people install what you have so the above applies to you, ohh and your server might be taken hostage due to malicious extensions". It pretty much was the same as for players with the additional info that people have to install mods if the admin wants to just with different wording. Developer part was rewritten into the sections which are not FAQ. [[User:x39|x39]] ([[User talk:x39|talk]]) 14:31, 18 June 2018 (CEST)
:::the difference between admin and player literally was "people install what you have so the above applies to you, ohh and your server might be taken hostage due to malicious extensions". It pretty much was the same as for players with the additional info that people have to install mods if the admin wants to just with different wording. Developer part was rewritten into the sections which are not FAQ. [[User:x39|x39]] ([[User talk:x39|talk]]) 14:31, 18 June 2018 (CEST)
: "However, currently as this git is owned by only 1 contributor and maintained by no one, it is useless" There are 2 contributors on the Extension repository and 3 Organization members. There are maintainers there. If there is a pull request we will see it. Everyone is free to contribute to it. [[User:Dedmen|Dedmen]] ([[User talk:Dedmen|talk]])

Revision as of 13:51, 20 June 2018

Page review - consideration

Hello,

I would like a major revision of this page. To output all code implementation examples, move them to an official GIT and replace them with a pseudo code.

I would also like the FAQ regarding the use of extensions to be separate from the extension development part. Previous versions were also much more explicit about security risks.

The major part of the article must describes the interfaces and how to implement them in a generic way so as not to fit in the case of each language. It is better to learn to fish rather than bring the fish into the hands of the developers.

The idea of an official GIT is a good idea but list of contributors must be shared. However, currently as this git is owned by only 1 contributor and maintained by no one, it is useless. code34 (talk) 13:28, 16 June 2018‎ (CEST)

I am not quite sure where the previous versions have been more explicit about the security risk. Could you provide examples? The current version just took what was in there before and cleaned it up from useless "advices" and gets straigth to the point. Also, i would not be up for "move the FAQ to a separate page", for me both should stay here simply because it is stuff that concerns those who look here for user-help and those who come here for dev-help. x39 (talk) 15:52, 16 June 2018 (CEST)
there was an interesting development about how to manage the risk between the different kind of users: admin, player, developper. Faq is mixing those profile usage than can lead to missunderstanding. Example how to use extension is for developper usage while it should be for player. code34 (talk) 19:13, 16 June 2018 (CEST)
the difference between admin and player literally was "people install what you have so the above applies to you, ohh and your server might be taken hostage due to malicious extensions". It pretty much was the same as for players with the additional info that people have to install mods if the admin wants to just with different wording. Developer part was rewritten into the sections which are not FAQ. x39 (talk) 14:31, 18 June 2018 (CEST)
"However, currently as this git is owned by only 1 contributor and maintained by no one, it is useless" There are 2 contributors on the Extension repository and 3 Organization members. There are maintainers there. If there is a pull request we will see it. Everyone is free to contribute to it. Dedmen (talk)