Main Page – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 15:30, 22 April 2006 by RichUK bi wiki (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

(Moved from separate page into this Talk)

Codarl, 9 april, 2006.

I would like to know how much info we need before this page can be revealed to the public.

The "Troubleshooting" section seems to be something nobody wants to edit (although I've been tempted to use the < s > < /s > tags). Also, The Avon's Lady OFP FAQ covers just about everything related to OFP's history, background and troubleshooting already, though directly copying from that site wouln't be the most moral thing I've done.

Also, I am wondering what other data we could add... share your ideas here!

I have created some new categories linked from the main page for Addons, Missions and Campaigns in line with the exiting one for Editing. I am concerned to try and help people find the right stuff easily, especially new users of OFP, Armed Assult and whatever OFP2 becomes. It is also easy to miss out the introductory stuff that is really necessary, so that users new to any kind of customization of the game, including using the built-in editor do not feel lost! I must admit that the first time I opened up the OFP Editor, I thought "that looks interesting, I wonder where I can get some information on how to use it!".

I accept that there is some excellent information available on sites such as Avon's Lady OFP FAQ (and we used to have a lot on OFPEC too, which are working very hard to put back, bigger and better!), but there is no harm in repeating some of the introductory information here, with references to more detailed information including good reference material like the COMREF, then providing cross-references to more in-depth information, tutorials and downloads available at other sites.

RichUK 15:30, 22 April 2006 (CEST)