Cold War Crisis: Walkthrough – Operation Flashpoint Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 00:18, 6 January 2021 by R3vo (talk | contribs) (R3vo moved page Talk:Walkthrough:Cold War Crisis to Talk:Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis: Walkthrough: naming standard)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Walkthrough is being written now, will be up sometime tonight. :)

--Berghoff 20:47, 13 July 2006 (CEST)

I sectioned it off for you and added some boldness. I also removed the
use an enter or double enter. Good so far!

hoz 03:11, 14 July 2006 (CEST)

I managed "Incursion" without a shot, you can crawl through all patrols near the house, they just don't see you (the AI seems not to realise that there's light in the area :D)

Also, "Search and Destroy" can be done with a chopper if you're not a total heli noob, there was a heli base soemwhere on the SE coast (afair) where you can grab an AH-1. I managed it that way as I got killed always when I was a infantry soldier (well so maybe I'm a infantry noob :D ).

--Raedor 13:50, 14 July 2006 (CEST)

Hehe I never managed that Incursion mission without a shot :) I even tried blowing up the fences with bombs.

--Berghoff 14:06, 14 July 2006 (CEST)

-If I remember rightly, another way of pulling off "Incursion" is to hug the coast. I don't remember seeing any patrols and technically you can "swim" around the edge where the fence meets the sea (I think). I guess you can also "cheat" - find a secluded area of fence and run at it at x8 game speed. I find the clipping errors the higher game speed produces allows me to run through most solid obsticles. May or may not work though, but if it does, it avoids the gateway. One way or another I did the mission, but I never went through the gateway.

Also for "Red Dawn", I don't know whether it was just a fluke, but after seizing the Hind, I was able to stumble across the SCUD by chance and destroy it with AT-6s - even before I attempted to capture Guba. Plenty of Shilkas to avoid, but there is time to destroy the SCUD first then try and ambush Guba, and it is an alternative to creeping up on the SCUD on foot. --ZedderZulu 18:25, 10 August 2006 (CEST)