Terrain Editing – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(wrp from dem maps ?)
Line 50: Line 50:

I need to want if i can make a OFP map .wrp from a real digital elevation map .dem
  I need to know if i can make a OFP map .wrp from a real digital elevation map .dem

If it is possible, make a island from a real city or region is able in this editor.
  If it is possible, make a island from a real city or region is able in this editor.

Revision as of 21:39, 10 December 2006

so which is it, map or island?

to me, the island is where you run about shooting at stuff, whereas the map is what you refer to when you want to know where on the island you are.

some direction from BI would be handy about now...

Some people refer to 'Maps' as missions, I renamed the category to 'Island Editing' to avoid confusion in this respect, why was it renamed back again???

Planck 22:00, 4 July 2006 (CEST)

Not every map is an island. Island is a ground area surrounded by water so the term island editing is not very good to use. Map editing seems to be apropriate to me but I offer Terrain Editing as an alternative

--Maruk 11:50, 5 July 2006 (CEST)

i haven't created any islands myself, so i'm unsure, but what happens if you put land all the way to the edges of a 'map'?

does ofp provide eternal ground in all directions?

End of the world

does ofp provide eternal ground in all directions?

OFP does not, ArmA should.

--Suma 14:00, 5 July 2006 (CEST)

so in the case of OFP, they are all islands, surrounded by water. 'terrain editing' is a good compromise.

Bedges 14:04, 5 July 2006 (CEST)

Terrain Editing sounds like a good compromise then if 'islands' are no longer destined to always be islands.

Planck 14:08, 5 July 2006 (CEST)

wrp from dem maps ?

I need to know if i can make a OFP map .wrp from a real digital elevation map .dem