animateSource – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 17:49, 19 April 2016 by Killzone Kid (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This command looks great, but I see from createVehicle/vehicles that "B_Heli_Attack_01_F" and "O_Heli_Attack_02_F" do not have sources to control the HRot and VRot of the main gunner turret. It would be incredibly useful to center the gun to the pilot's screen so it would fire at the correct location in manual fire mode, when there is no gunner. If the dev in charge of this could implement such sources, I would be absolutely grateful and exhilarated. --AgentRev 22:22, 18 April 2016 (CEST)

Works for me just fine, when in pilot seat of Blackfoot the gunner gun is aligned perfectly. However if you need to rotate it, you can put B_UAV_AI in the gunner seat and use lockCameraTo to point it where you want. Killzone Kid (talk) 22:41, 18 April 2016 (CEST)
The Blackfoot is lined up, but the Kajman is aiming way too high by default. I don't want to hinder other players from getting in the gunner position, which an AI would prevent. To take things further, I would like to have the turret gun match the pilot's getCameraViewDirection in freelook. --AgentRev 22:51, 18 April 2016 (CEST)
You don't need to keep AI, when added it positions the gun properly in Kajman, then you can delete it.

_bob = createAgent ["B_UAV_AI", [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"]; _bob moveInGunner _heli; _bob spawn { sleep 3; deleteVehicle _this; }; Killzone Kid (talk) 23:21, 18 April 2016 (CEST)

Welp, I just grabbed 1.58 RC and tested this command, turns out it does not work at all for turrets that can actually be fired, only for turrets on unarmed vehicles that have been manually "de-hidden". For example, it doesn't work for "B_UGV_01_rcws_F", but if I create a variant with the "Turrets" subclass blanked out thru a mod, the command works. It had so many possibilities, what a shame. Hello darkness, my old friend... --AgentRev 02:29, 19 April 2016 (CEST)

You mean possibilities like creating an aimbot? Because I can totally see how this can be done in 10 min or less Killzone Kid (talk) 11:34, 19 April 2016 (CEST)
I just want some sort of control over turret servos. There are thousands of ways for kiddies to massively trash entire servers extremely easily, if you're concerned about just a single meager one of them, then you've got other problems to take care of first. I mean, it's not like they can't just use createVehicle to spawn a projectile and setVelocity to make it go the way they want, right? Oh wait... Kiddies could abuse that, let's remove createVehicle! Why not also setDamage while we're at it? </sarcasm> --AgentRev 15:28, 19 April 2016 (CEST)
Your sarcasm is uncalled for. There is a good reason why you cannot control player weapon direction by script. While there are methods of detecting setDamage and createVehicle, there will be virtually no way of telling if player had some assist in moving the turret in the right direction by script, not to mention that this could also be used to screw with aiming of other players. In any case, BIKI doesn't seem to me like a proper place to make feature requests. Killzone Kid (talk) 17:49, 19 April 2016 (CEST)