createVehicle – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(RE:)
(re:)
Line 2: Line 2:
but this is not entirely true. I believe it should read: "vehclass" createVehicle pos is the same if not faster than createVehicle ["vehclass", [pos select 0, pos select 1, 0], [], 0, "NONE"]
but this is not entirely true. I believe it should read: "vehclass" createVehicle pos is the same if not faster than createVehicle ["vehclass", [pos select 0, pos select 1, 0], [], 0, "NONE"]
::Why? You say you "believe" it should read that way. Why do you believe that? Please explain. Why does selecting pos's X and Y values, but not it's Z value make it faster? You are still passing a number as the third position array parameter. If anything your example should be slower because you are using the [[select]] command twice. --[[User:Benargee|Benargee]] ([[User talk:Benargee|talk]]) 01:48, 28 November 2015 (CET)
::Why? You say you "believe" it should read that way. Why do you believe that? Please explain. Why does selecting pos's X and Y values, but not it's Z value make it faster? You are still passing a number as the third position array parameter. If anything your example should be slower because you are using the [[select]] command twice. --[[User:Benargee|Benargee]] ([[User talk:Benargee|talk]]) 01:48, 28 November 2015 (CET)
::::I think he is suggesting that the non-array createVehicle syntax will always create vehicles at ground level whereas the array syntax won't necessarily (aka, he's talking about equivalent behaviour rather than speed). I can't verify off the top of my head if that's the case, but in response to the original question: for demonstrative purposes it is assuming the position is at ground level. --[[User:SilentSpike|SS]] ([[User talk:SilentSpike|talk]]) 14:47, 28 November 2015 (CET)

Revision as of 15:47, 28 November 2015

KillZone Kid mentions ' "vehclass" createVehicle pos is the same if not faster than createVehicle ["vehclass", pos, [], 0, "NONE"] ' but this is not entirely true. I believe it should read: "vehclass" createVehicle pos is the same if not faster than createVehicle ["vehclass", [pos select 0, pos select 1, 0], [], 0, "NONE"]

Why? You say you "believe" it should read that way. Why do you believe that? Please explain. Why does selecting pos's X and Y values, but not it's Z value make it faster? You are still passing a number as the third position array parameter. If anything your example should be slower because you are using the select command twice. --Benargee (talk) 01:48, 28 November 2015 (CET)
I think he is suggesting that the non-array createVehicle syntax will always create vehicles at ground level whereas the array syntax won't necessarily (aka, he's talking about equivalent behaviour rather than speed). I can't verify off the top of my head if that's the case, but in response to the original question: for demonstrative purposes it is assuming the position is at ground level. --SS (talk) 14:47, 28 November 2015 (CET)