flyInHeight – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 20:00, 18 December 2008 by Raedor (talk | contribs) (okay!)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This command doesn't work for me in ArmA 1.02 GER, can anybody confirm this? -d034rk 12:25, 26 December 2006 (CET)

I have no problems with it. It's working on my Czech ArmA 1.02. ++Str 18:51, 26 December 2006 (CET)
Thanks, I'll have another look at it... -d034rk 22:36, 26 December 2006 (CET)
It doesn't seem to work. Could you please create a mission so that I can be absolutely sure and possibly post this issue into the bug list. -d034rk 15:55, 29 December 2006 (CET)
This conversation should be moved to the BI forums or some editing site like OFPEC. Indeed the command works I'm using it in a few helo missions. hoz

Locality?

The article claims that both, arguments and effects, are local to the computer. Without having it tested, I suspect that this information is wrong. The unit will change altitude, and the unit's position (along with its z-axis) should be broadcasted, which should qualify as "broadcasted effects" imho. Unless there is a specific reason and/or argument why it is classified as local, or I'm just wrong. -- Manny 16:40, 5 May 2007 (CEST)

May need to be checked; but it should work only on local units and has global effect then. --raedor 18:26, 5 May 2007 (CEST)

Pin down choppers

I have the strong feeling that this "pinning down" only works in VBS2, so we should maybe make a new _(VBS2) page for it -- can't try it, though, as I don't have ArmA handy. --raedor 12:47, 16 December 2008 (CET)

Actually, in ArmA the "pinning down" isn't even necessary. There it nicely hovers about a foot above the ground, once you give him the "engineon" command (I wish VBS would do that!). But if you also issue the "flyInHeight 0" it'll stay flat on the ground. --Kronzky 00:27, 18 December 2008 (CET)
Ah okay, thanks for checking/knowing that! ;) --raedor 19:00, 18 December 2008 (CET)