hideObject – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 07:49, 14 April 2011 by .kju (talk | contribs) (Responded)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Silly question, but if I hideObject somehow globally before I deleteVehicle, perhaps we can better clean up objects? I'm referring of course to the fact that all objects are re-created in game to JIP players, even objects that were deleted. They are simply created, then deleted. This accounts for the long delay time on joining a game. I would love for someone to say, "No, you're wrong" --Doolittle 04:22, 13 April 2011 (CEST)

fact that all objects are re-created in game to JIP players, even objects that were deleted
How do you come to this conclusion? --Kju 09:18, 13 April 2011 (CEST)
How I came to the conclusion that objects are not really deleted: I was making a mission where you could build a base around you by dropping houses. For the building placed noise, I made an Arma airport light, damaged it so it made a huge explosion causing no damage, then deleted the light. I disconnected from the mission then reconnected again and I heard a whole mess of explosions going off before the screen even loaded up. (At least I think that's how I came to this conclusion) I was secretly hoping by using the word "fact" that Suma would step in and correct me :) --Doolittle 20:26, 13 April 2011 (CEST)
The script code is needed to make a really estimate what happened there. IMHO the sound or even an effect is no proof that the object itself existed. --Kju 07:49, 14 April 2011 (CEST)
Interesting. This may end up being slightly unrelated, however I did notice last night with 1.59, 3 of us JOS (join on startup) players saw a player knock down a wall on Chernarus. Then a JIP (Join in Progress) player came in and said the wall was still standing. The other 3 JOS players came over to see it and they all said the wall was down as expected. Again this may be unrelated, but who knows it could be related. It certainly causes me to believe what Doolittle may have experienced with JIP getting re-created objects in their initial state. --ViperMaul 19:24, 13 April 2011 (CEST)
This is an engine bug. See http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18492. --Kju 07:49, 14 April 2011 (CEST)