hint – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 01:18, 21 August 2012 by T D (talk | contribs) (Reverted edits by Heecf..... (talk) to last revision by Doolittle)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

I have reason to believe that in Armed Assault 1.08 that the Effects is Global. I have seen the results many times in the past 3 weeks. I would change it now but I want to test again. If anyone else can verify this before I do then please change it appropriately. Then we need to check the HintC and all the other variations. --ViperMaul 08:01, 5 July 2007 (CEST)

If that is true then that is big news!! --Doolittle 08:02, 6 July 2007 (CEST)
Perhaps not. I was looking at the code wrong. Thanks Doolittle. Glad I asked before changing it. --ViperMaul 09:23, 6 July 2007 (CEST)

Ding sound

From my experience the hint has no sound in ArmA. Am I correct on that? --raedor 00:56, 6 July 2007 (CEST)

Agreed. I get no ding sound either. That might of been in OFP but not in ArmA.--ViperMaul 09:21, 6 July 2007 (CEST)
I think they removed the ding noise 'cause they use hint a lot in the example CTI map... and having ding ding ding constantly would be annoying (they send a base direction hint every 0.3 sec.) --Doolittle 07:35, 7 August 2007 (CEST)

'No hint sound' is possibly due to one not being defined in the 'standard' ArmA UI. Have checked that one is not defined, but haven't bothered testing if defining one works or not.--Sy 08:59, 7 July 2007 (CEST)

I'm sure it works. But as you said, it is not defined, so the article is correct now. Some mod can define a sound, but that's not our job to describe here (e.g. FDF had another sound for the hint in OFP as well). --raedor 14:59, 7 July 2007 (CEST)

In OFP, the ding sound volume is dependent on the music volume. You can silence the ding sound by muting your music in the audio options. --Tactii 01:35, 11 July 2007 (CEST)