random – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 01:20, 21 August 2012 by T D (talk | contribs) (Reverted edits by Heecf..... (talk) to last revision by Kronzky)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This page should state whether the set of random numbers has open or closed bounds.

For example, does random 1 yield:

• (0,1)
  • [0,1)
  • (0,1]
  • [0,1]

where ( , ) denote open {up to but not including boundary values} bounds and [ , ] denote closed {including boundary values} bounds. --Mr.Peanut 20:56, 28 September 2006 (CEST)

I have clarified. I would write that interval as <0,1), but for ease of read I prefered to use descriptive words instead. --Suma 18:10, 28 September 2006 (CEST)

Great --Mr.Peanut 20:56, 28 September 2006 (CEST)

Unfortunately using round is no good in OFP, it was only introduced in Arma. For OFP mod will need to be used. Planck 20:02, 1 January 2007 (CET)

Yeah, I know. But that brings up a very fundamental issue:
A lot of references are to commands that only exist in ArmA. Should we always only use the lowest common denominator, or should we just concentrate on ArmA and assume that anybody who still scripts for OFP knows by now what can be done, and how? --Kronzky 20:10, 1 January 2007 (CET) Obviously, I'm in the later camp... ;)