setMarkerSize – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 08:22, 30 March 2009 by WGL.Q (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Description isn't consistent now. x/y-axis or a/b-axis? --Master85 18:07, 28 March 2009 (CET)

As the description is original from Bohemia Interactive, I have re-instated everything to a-axis, b-axis. Planck 17:32, 29 March 2009 (CEST)

Do we need to copy their structure even if there is a better one??? --.kju 18:09, 29 March 2009 (CEST)

You are joking I hope, whether they are called a-axis/b-axis or x-axis/y-axis makes no discernable difference to the fact that there are two seperate axis. In some conventions 2D drawings are referred to as having an a dimension and a b dimension. Presumably this is the convention BI was following with their original description.

I reverted to their description rather than have people confused by two seperately named axis definitions as reported by Master85. As most people were already familiar with the original description this seemed to be the logical course of action.

Planck 00:24, 30 March 2009 (CEST)

• Although x/y would be nicer, it should remain a/b because that is how the editor's dialog shows it.

It is also the naming used inside mission.sqm (eg: a=10; b=20;).

To clarify it, it would be more suitable to simply say: "a" represent the horizontal axis and "b" represents the vertical axis. Dr Eyeball 06:26, 30 March 2009 (CEST) ArmA editor marker.jpg

Thanks for the info Dr Eyeball. Your argument is a good one. --.kju 08:22, 30 March 2009 (CEST)