Hoz – User

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "{{contributions}}" to "{{UserDefaultPage}}")

(28 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{mytemplatetest|Hoz}}
{{UserDefaultPage}}
<hr>
<hr>
<math>\Rightarrow \;</math>I'm the [[:category:Operation Flashpoint: Elite|OFP: Elite]] guru at [[OFPEC]], although that doesn't stop me from playing the PC version from time to time. I'm also one of the Wiki sysops, feel free to use my [[User_talk:Hoz|Talk]] page if you have a Wiki question.
<math>\Rightarrow \;</math>I'm the [[:Category:Operation Flashpoint: Elite|OFP: Elite]] guru at [[OFPEC]], although that doesn't stop me from playing the PC version from time to time. I'm also one of the Wiki sysops, feel free to use my [[User_talk:Hoz|Talk]] page if you have a Wiki question.

== Wiki GuideLines ==
==Wiki GuideLines==

Its a good idea to familiarize yourself with the [[:category:BI Wiki Policies|BI Wiki Policies and Guidelines]].
Its a good idea to familiarize yourself with the [[:category:BI Wiki Policies|BI Wiki Policies and Guidelines]].

[[Template:SpoilerWarning]]
== Favorites ==

[[Armed Assault: Version History]]

[[server.cfg]]

[[ArmA Installation Problems]]
[[Cannot create 3D device:Adapter 0]]
[[Unable to load OPENAL32.DLL]]

==dedicated server manual==

This is a beta version of the software and documentation.

This software is released under end user agreement terms as the original game so you should agree with the terms of the end user agreement of ArmA: Armed Assault as found in the manual before installing and using this software.
Administrator Guide

==Installation==

==Installation==

You need a Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP computer to run an ArmA dedicated server. We recommend using 2 GHz machine, with 512Mb RAM and a 1Mbit upload network bandwidth.

There are two possible ways to install the dedicated server. When you have installed the ArmA game, you can use the main executable (ArmA.exe) with the command line argument [[:category:Armed Assault:Startup Parameters|–server]] to start a dedicated server. While this is easy, it requires the ArmA DVD to be present in the drive during server operation and also original serial number. If you want to run a server without the DVD and serial number, you have to use the standalone dedicated server executable. The latest version of this executable is always available from the official web site http://www.armedassault.com .To install the standalone server, you have to install the corresponding version of the game on any machine (you will need ArmA DVD for this), and add the ArmA_Server.exe file to the same directory as ArmA.exe. You can then copy the ArmA directory on to the server.

What is new

5095  - Fixed: Dedicated server crash
5095  - Fixed: Random crashes in MP
5097  - Fixed: Stealing gear from medics was possible
5099  - Fixed: MP server crash (sometimes after JIP client disconnected)
5099  - Fixed: Squad logo was not shown on all clients in MP
5099    - Fixed: Dedicated server required OpenAL32.dll
5099  - Fixed: AI are better planning the path over the bridge
5099        - Fixed: False conflict reported for Handgun, Salute and SitDown actions for vehicles.

In the event of a server crash, please help us to fix the problem by sending the Flashpoint.rpt and context.bin files that will be created in ArmA directory on each crash.

You may also consider running the ARMA server as a service, and enabling automatic restart in case of crash. In this case, you may want to disable DrWatson crash monitoring utility on your computer, as it often prevents ARMA server to shutdown properly (by displaying a message box that requires an operator to confirm application termination).

Banning

To ban a user you have to know their unique online ID (called Player  ID). This can be checked in the players overview screen ('P' key) during the game, or with the #userlist command. To ban a user you have to add their Player ID to file ban.txt residing in the main ARMA directory. If there is no such file there, create a new one. The format of ban.txt is a plain ASCII text list of decimal Player IDs delimited with space, tabulator or end-of-line characters.

Firewall issues

If you want to run your server behind firewall you need to open and/or forward following incoming ports:

port  UDP (used for game)
port+1 UDP (used for server reporting)

Following outgoing ports need to be open as well:

port UDP (used for game)
port+1 UDP (used for server reporting)

Default value of port is 2302, but you may change it by -port command line argument.

Proxy issues

You may enforce proxy server used to download xml squad page etc. using value "proxy" in Flashpoint.cfg.
* [[Oxygen 2 - Manual]]
* [[User_Interface_Event_Handlers]]

[[Armed Assault:Dedicated Server]]
* [[ArmA: FAQ]]
[[Operation Flashpoint:Dedicated Server]]
* [[ArmA: The AI]]
* [[a:b]]

Latest revision as of 16:34, 1 February 2021

I'm the OFP: Elite guru at OFPEC, although that doesn't stop me from playing the PC version from time to time. I'm also one of the Wiki sysops, feel free to use my Talk page if you have a Wiki question.

Wiki GuideLines

Its a good idea to familiarize yourself with the BI Wiki Policies and Guidelines.

Favorites