James – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 23:47, 23 November 2014 by Dr StrangePete (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

I removed your note, unless you could provide some reproduction of your issue. I tested the command in the development and stable branches, and it worked as expected in both. What do you expect the result to be? --Strangepete (talk) 21:47, 23 November 2014 (CET)

You are right...testing it now in the editor with a plain group on utes results in correct change of behaviour when setBehaviour "SAFE" is used. However, the problem arose in the situation, when a group is engaged or in an attack and you want them to go on to the next waypoint, e.g. waypoint before was "SEEK AND DESTROY" and you want them to stop fighting and go on with the next waypoint. In this scenario, setBehaviour "SAFE" showed no result at all. You can proof this quite easily by placing a friendly squad and a few enemies on utes and checking behaviour settings for your group. As soon as they are in "COMBAT", setBehaviour "SAFE" has no effect. That's what I was addressing to. You can force them to stop fighting and go on with the next waypoint by using setBehaviour "Careless", which inspite of "SAFE" has some effect even in combat. Hope you understand my point. And I hope thats the right way to answer to your request cause I'm totally new in this wiki stuff. As I try atm it seems that "CARELESS" is the only command working during a combat, beside "SAFE", "AWARE" etc. are also failing. Maybe you cannot call this a bug or missfunction of the original intended use, but I would add this as a comment to the command however.
EDIT: "Careless" and "stealth" are the only two options that show an effect while a group is in behaviour "Combat". That at least I would add to the command description.
There is no right way :) Wiki is for everybody, contribute away - Others will edit where they feel necessary.
I do think the command page could include some form of reference/link to https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mission_Editor:_Waypoints#Behaviour The issue i think you're having with the command is that behaviour is a state, and can only be one thing at a time, you're either in Combat, Aware, Careless or you're Safe; Which is why 'behaviour' returns COMBAT when you try to set as SAFE - Its Not Safe, so right back to Combat. And as per https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Waypoint_types 'seek and destroy' will make your group hunt the enemy - finding said enemy, group will go into combat and attempt to destroy. you would need to instruct units to move to the next waypoint --careless worked, because they just ignore the enemy entirely - nothing to destroy, move along :) https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Command_Group:_Waypoints
feel free to write add another note if you wish to clarify that Careless is the only way to ignore enemy units; all other states escalate to Combat. Whatever the best way to word that is,
--Strangepete (talk) 22:47, 23 November 2014 (CET)