Killzone kid – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→‎v1.73 and dev: new section)
Line 22: Line 22:
* As for the 1.73, I don't know if a 1.73 patch was a thing on release, shouldn't [[BIS_fnc_fire]] be '''1.72/1.76'''?
* As for the 1.73, I don't know if a 1.73 patch was a thing on release, shouldn't [[BIS_fnc_fire]] be '''1.72/1.76'''?
- [[User:Lou Montana|Lou Montana]] ([[User talk:Lou Montana|talk]]) 13:48, 20 September 2019 (CEST)
- [[User:Lou Montana|Lou Montana]] ([[User talk:Lou Montana|talk]]) 13:48, 20 September 2019 (CEST)
:: changed to stable, thanks [[User:killzone_kid|killzone_kid]] ([[User talk:killzone_kid|talk]]) 18:21, 20 September 2019 (CEST)

Revision as of 18:21, 20 September 2019

getMissionConfigValue note

Hello, I admit I didn't understand your note there:

This command cannot force return type, it will return the value of the type given in config. Use isEqualType to additionally reaffirm the correct type if necessary to account for human error.

I think it is confusing as no command can "force" any type, why this specific note on this specific command? - Lou Montana (talk) 13:55, 10 September 2019 (CEST)

Say you want an array: myArray[] = {1,2,3}; You write getMissionConfigValue [myArray, []], right? So no param, you guaranteed to get empty array. But user can write myArray = 123; and you will get 123 instead of array and script error. This is what I mean by you cannot enforce type so that it will return array no matter what. killzone_kid (talk) 14:13, 10 September 2019 (CEST)

Thanks for the precision; indeed no type can be "forced". To me a parallel can be made with getVariable's alternative value's behaviour… maybe a common note should be thought of, along the line "value can be of any type, default value is not related to the current value type".
On a side note, did you get a Wiki notification for this/these message/s? - Lou Montana (talk) 14:24, 10 September 2019 (CEST)

there is certain similarity with getVariable, yes, but you would normally know what type the variable is unless you let user edit it directly. The config is user editable by default so the possibility of human error is greater.
As for Notification, I have no idea what this account is linked to, some BI genius screwed it for me long time ago. killzone_kid (talk) 14:31, 10 September 2019 (CEST)

I get the distinction you are making now, user code vs code user. Thanks - Lou Montana (talk) 14:41, 10 September 2019 (CEST)

v1.73 and dev

Hello, I wondered about the need for Introduced with Arma 3 Development Branch version 1.73 as well as the validity of Introduced_with_Arma_3_version_1.73.

- Lou Montana (talk) 13:48, 20 September 2019 (CEST)

changed to stable, thanks killzone_kid (talk) 18:21, 20 September 2019 (CEST)