Kronzky – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search

>Giova, the Village Pump pages are not the place to discuss technical matters relating to commands or other game features. They are there to deal with Wiki-related questions and request. So please do not undelete content that was removed because it was deemed inappropriate

Please check the history - I didn't undelete anything, I simply answered the question on the page. Sbsmac 19:03, 4 February 2007 (CET)

You mean this history page??? --Kronzky 19:26, 4 February 2007 (CET)

Strange - I agree it looks like I reverted a whole load of changes but I only edited what was there. Thinking about it some more I probably followed the 'diff' link from the recent changes page and then clicked the edit tab. I'm not entirely convinced that it is a "feature" that you then end up reverting stuff. In any case, it would have been helpful, or at the very least polite, to paste the answer over to Giova's talk page before removing it from the page you wanted to roll back. Sbsmac 19:40, 4 February 2007 (CET)

Arma: Tips vs Category: Arma Tips

Have we once again reverted to the broken practice of using category pages instead of real content in the BIKI? --Salisan 06:59, 14 February 2007 (CET)

I'm not quite sure what's "broken" about the practice of using category pages. They're dynamic, they can contain just as much "real content" as a static page, and if you're adding a new page, you only need to assign it to a relevant category, rather than having to hunt for all the pages that *should* link to yours and having to put a link into them.
And, apart from that, the "Tips" pages existed twice - once as a category page, and once as a static page, with different content on top of that. That's why I deleted one of them. --Kronzky 20:57, 14 February 2007 (CET)

On the accidental blocking

Thanks for unblocking. Yes, you are right, I should have spoken on the talk page. But the problem was that the server answered about some kind of SQL error when I tried to save page; I retried two times and to no avail. Actually, I thought that my edit was not even saved and abandoned the idea.

I tried to swap tracerColor and tracerColorR descriptions, for they are wrong - tracerColorR is for realistic settings (that is what "R" stands for). Yes, it is kind of OR, but everyone can try it and see for him/herself. Alexander Ivashkin 23:52, 13 April 2007 (CEST)

Oh, we don't mind OR here at all! We actually quite appreciate it!!! ;)
This is not Wikipedia - we rely on user-made research. It's just that you were a new editor and were reversing the meaning of the existing documentation (and this during the middle of a hack-attack) that made us a bit suspicious.
So, if you have any new information to add, please do so. And if it totally contradicts what the current documentation says, then you should probably leave a little explanatory note on the talk page. --Kronzky 21:26, 14 April 2007 (CEST)
Okay )
BTW, please delete user User:BlockedUser, this is me sockpuppet; I created it to discuss my blocking, but then I discovered that you already unblocked me )) To prove that BlockeUser is indeed my alter ego I created a userpage with request for deletion. --Alexander Ivashkin 15:48, 18 April 2007 (CEST)