Lou Montana – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (answer to KK)
Line 2: Line 2:

I think I owe you an explanation why I removed <tt>playerCountMultipleOf</tt>. This was used on XBox to calculate the safe number of slots available depending on bandwidth given for player. It is not used on PC, the max players calculated from <tt>maxPlayers</tt> given in server config and mission slots. That param serves only one purpose on pc is to confuse :) [[User:killzone_kid|killzone_kid]] ([[User talk:killzone_kid|talk]]) 23:59, 20 August 2018 (CEST)
I think I owe you an explanation why I removed <tt>playerCountMultipleOf</tt>. This was used on XBox to calculate the safe number of slots available depending on bandwidth given for player. It is not used on PC, the max players calculated from <tt>maxPlayers</tt> given in server config and mission slots. That param serves only one purpose on pc is to confuse :) [[User:killzone_kid|killzone_kid]] ([[User talk:killzone_kid|talk]]) 23:59, 20 August 2018 (CEST)
Well, thanks for the explanation! I was confused as I was sure I read something about it, but couldn't find it anywhere. Do you happen to know something about '''bandwithPerClient''' eventually, or is it deprecated as well? [[User:Lou Montana|Lou Montana]] ([[User talk:Lou Montana|talk]]) 00:53, 21 August 2018 (CEST)

Revision as of 00:53, 21 August 2018

playerCountMultipleOf

I think I owe you an explanation why I removed playerCountMultipleOf. This was used on XBox to calculate the safe number of slots available depending on bandwidth given for player. It is not used on PC, the max players calculated from maxPlayers given in server config and mission slots. That param serves only one purpose on pc is to confuse :) killzone_kid (talk) 23:59, 20 August 2018 (CEST)

Well, thanks for the explanation! I was confused as I was sure I read something about it, but couldn't find it anywhere. Do you happen to know something about bandwithPerClient eventually, or is it deprecated as well? Lou Montana (talk) 00:53, 21 August 2018 (CEST)